Pellet help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Hello everybody, great site and I'm happy to say I'm getting a pellet stove!

I've been looking at all these pellets and are amazed that so many are either crap or wicked good.

So I'm going to test a few out before I buy a ton

Lingetic, Lg and Newp and Corinth wood pellet.

Not sure what will be better but I will find out.

Im putting in a Quad fire insert and can't wait. If anyone has any info on a brand with this Stove they like to burn it would help.

Pete

Fish On said:
....I'm going to test a few out before I buy a ton....Lingetic, Lg and Newp and Corinth wood pellet...
Welcome to the forum. My opinion on the pellets, would be Lignetics & LG (best), NEWP (good), Corinth (fair-poor). Have personally burned the Lig's & NEWP.

BTW Pete, great first name!

Pete

Thanks the Lignetics were what I was thinking and the price is good. And delivery is not to bad.

I like the Web site for pellet sales com but they don't have much to pick from?

So I will burn those first then..

Thanks Pete

Try 3-4 bags of various kids to see what burns well in your stove before buying a ton of a product.

bclmread said:
Try 3-4 bags of various kids to see what burns well in your stove before buying a ton of a product.

Yep, they change batch to batch sometimes, same stoves can work differently with different installations, etc. Try a few different brands first. Saving 100-200 over the course of a year in fuel sometimes isnt worth the misery of the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.