Pellet newbie - Energex?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HopeOnWater

Sep 11, 2013
Western MA
Have a new stove going in soon and need to stock up on pellets. Right now I'm being pointed toward Energex hardwood by local supplier. Are they any good? Is $300/ton a lot?

Any thoughts on going with them as a my default but maybe picking up something cheaper at big box/Tractor supply to save a little?

I would go out and grab a couple bags from each supplyer/brand. Run em till your empty and try the next brand.. see what kind of heat, ash, how they light, how much soot is on your glass and make your choice. That's what I did this year after my supplyer switch to a crap brand... surprising enough a big box store had the best

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: JRemington