Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
larue said:
I didn't know I was a pig until I looked at this site.
I guess I was an oil pig at one time also, used to fill three tanks in the summer.
How much of a pig am I.

6 ton of pellets since early July
1 Harman PC45 stove
Pellets were delivered by me with my truck and trailer in two loads

LaRue

welcome to the club ;-)
none of us knew till eernst4 set us straight

I believe I do meet the requirements:

1 Pellet Stove Harman P43
8 Tons of Premier Pellets
Ford Ranger Pickup used to lug 33 bags at a time from Tractor Supply. Gas mileage while lugging pellets: under 20MPG

Do I qualify? :) :lol:

MrJitters said:

Ford Ranger Pickup used to lug 33 bags at a time from Tractor Supply. Gas mileage while lugging pellets: under 20MPG

Mr. J, w/ 8 tons hauled in a Ford ranger, 33 bags at a time, you are IN!

Don't forget the requisite modification to your signature line...pick any of the ones you see below in mine, or add all of them!

Welcome! OINK OINK

I gotta make the cut then...3 tons of my favorite pellets (AWF) bought this summer @ $3.00/bag because local garden center had them left over:) hauled them on my 6x12 trailer with my 03 expedition 4x4...burn them with both my whitfield adv.2T and VC Reliance....do i get extra points for also burning my englander ACD24 in the garage/shop/archery range with 2 cords of seasoned oak/cherry/hickory and ash stacked out back??? please please please:)

macman said:
MrJitters said:

Mr. J, w/ 8 tons hauled in a Ford ranger, 33 bags at a time, you are IN!

Don't forget the requisite modification to your signature line...pick any of the ones you see below in mine, or add all of them!

Welcome! OINK OINK

Ha! I made it! Thanx. Sig updated as requested. :) :lol: ;-P

I bought 8 ton in May.

I have a PB105 and a Breckwell Big E.

But I had them delivered since it would have taken 16 trips with my Taurus towing a 1/2 ton trailer.

I guess no Bronze star for me. :(

1.) 1 Gloyboy pellet insert
2.) 4 tons of Northeast pellets in the garage by late Sept.
3.) Toyota Highlander with 12ft sled trailer to haul a ton at a time,,,,15.5 MPG whilst hauling. Yes its a hybrid! Sleds that were
kicked off the trailer for pellet duties are 2 Yamaha Apex's 1000cc hyper sleds, one has a blower. Here is a pic for pruf!

Attachments

• trailer.JPG
    trailer.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 337
1 stove.
5 tons in the basement.
I've got a v8 durango that will carry a ton. I went cash & carry last year!

You're in! Our club is growing fast by the day!

Don’t forget to change your signature line with one or all of the following:

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club....OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Pooba - Pellet Pig Club
“Earth is NOT going to run out of trees, forest, or bio mass anytime soon...And I don’t want to hear “It’s a free country” either ....(it isn’t????) - RingOfFire

I have my pride. I refuse to join ANY organization that would have me as a member.

WOW! You guys must be REALLY COLD in the winter to hoard up to 3 TONS of pellets!
I'm not even close in seattle....I don't even know how much i'm gonna use!?! I'll see by the end of the year though.
KEEP WARM!!!!! hoard another TON to be sure!

seattle~ites said:
WOW! You guys must be REALLY COLD in the winter to hoard up to 3 TONS of pellets!
I'm not even close in seattle....I don't even know how much i'm gonna use!?! I'll see by the end of the year though.

I wouldn't call having 3 tons in the East hoarding by any stretch. Yeah, it gets cold here. I'll burn over 3 tons. By the way, don't you guys keep warm enough by holding all those cups of Starbucks coffee? :)

OINK, OINK OINK, BRING ON THE BACON. Me gots just shy of 4 tons in the cellar since August 3 and an old Chevy 3/4 ton pickup to fetch em with. I aint never goin back to oil after the last 5 years rapings, now its personal.

I bought a Lopi Leyden this year....four tons of pellets in August (which I WILL use this year).....and moved them all in my Toyota Tacoma....and I'm a woman....
Does that make me a sow??

Panhandler said:
seattle~ites said:

I wouldn't call having 3 tons in the East hoarding by any stretch. Yeah, it gets cold here. I'll burn over 3 tons. By the way, don't you guys keep warm enough by holding all those cups of Starbucks coffee? :)

Gota admit, starCROOKS want WAY TOO much for a simple cup of joe, cmon now! $4 bucks for coffee??? aint my thing to pay. I can get a decent Cigar for about a buck more and have a great time with the other stoggie smokers at RainCity Cigar!!!

but i do love coffee~

......ummmm......does just two tons of Red Oak pellets in the shed just to use as a fire starter for my Country Flame Harvester count...??? Need the pellets to start the 50,000 bushel of corn that's out in the drier bin. The pellets were cash & carry, my '96 Silverado was my workhorse of choice. Best part is that my supplier is a friend of mine ( he won't let me forget I didn't buy my stove from him ) so I get "Heads Up !" on all things pellet. So, if nothing else, I have the optimum potential to be a major player in the hoarding arena.......hahahaha !!

Not new to wood heat; just getting too old to spend two months out of the year haulin', splittin', and stackin'...and that's just the foreplay.....

6 ton in the basement, 3 ton in garage. Early Buy at $189 per.. Humped them all at least 3x per bag, 1 ton at a time, from 1 hour away with a Bravada. I know it's a girls car. I don't know if I Qualify as a "Pellet Pig" but I should get a Bronze Card for loading 2000 lbs. on a 1000 lbs. gross kit trailer.

I love this club and am hoping to meet at least minimum requirements for entry. Bought 6 tons of pellets in July - delivered, as I drive a Passat. I expect my wussy car will weigh heavily against consideration for membership. But, I went ahead and bought the pellets before I even had the stove bought, as the stove I initially ordered was cancelled by the manufacturer. Didn't think it made sense to wait for the stove to be delivered, as it was already July and didn't want to chance holding off on buying pellets until the weather snapped. By then, it's obviously too late.

I only have the one stove, but am looking at a second one.

Guess I only get the two star membership, but I enhanced my piggishness by buying 4 tons this summer on top of the 1.5 I already had whilst knowing full-well I'll be out of country most of december and burning nat gas that month. (Delivery was free with 4 tons) In the late spring I'll buy four more tons (delivery free of charge oink, snork, snork). This should be somewhere around 6 tons in stock.

Looking forward the First Annual Pellet Pig BBQ, ribs anyone? :coolsmile:

With the proper government funding I can make myself really [piggy].- Monty Python

Please tell me I can be a member. We bought 5 tons of pellets prior to our install (we did that ourselves) and they are stored in our front entry of the house. Had 4 more delivered for our 30th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves last week. We do have a 350 diesell and bought a ton trailer just so we could haul our own. Will download at least two of them into the house on the pallets sitting at my front door as soon as it is above 10degrees. Maybe by this friday. We have burned close to 90 bags since mid-sept and as soon as we had a dent in them we about panicked. Please, please, please, Sueeeyyyyy. Susan

Must have slipped someones mind..........DUES????? When do I collect the Membership dues????

You guys rock.
I haul all of my own pellets, but since my pickup won't pass smog, I have to haul them in the Dodge Caravan.

10-12 sacks in the back and it's like Gran Turismo.

I also don't have the dry space to store multiple tons, but I am working on it!

Someday, I can be a Pig!

Now remember everyone, applications for pellet pig membership MUST be sent to eernest4...he is the grand pooba of the pellet pigs.....and if he doesn't think you bought too many tons, then you don't qualify.

However, please don't forget to send me the $25 membership fee beforehand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.