Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not self hauled ,too old.

IMG_1097.jpg

slls said:
Not self hauled ,too old.

slls, Self hauling is really a bonus and gets you stars for doing it. See Eric's rules.
Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) “cash and carry†your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

So #1 plus a,b or c gets you in. A is pretty much a given as you need a stove to burn said pellets. :) So if you have b or c? Your in! I have a and c to earn my status. It's an easy one for the self haulers. The hogs that gobble lots of fuel take a and b (imacman and SmokeyTheBear for example).

kyburnr said:
BubbRubb said:
You all are forgetting one important membership requirement - the annual dues. Since nobody else spoke up, I guess I'll nominate myself as treasurer. Make the $30 check payable to BubbRubb.

What comes in the PPC Welcome package...Is this where we get the hat with the logo, the polo shirt with club log embroidered on it, and $50.00 pellet rebate ?

I should have a prototype hat at the house next week. when it arives I will post a pic of it to get everyone's thoughts on it.

Hey guys, I want to be a pellet pig!! I started the season with 3.5 tons, 2.5 tons of Cleanfire and 1 ton NEWP. I have burned the original 2.5 tons of Cleanfire and 1 ton of Hamers Hot Ones that I picked up in early January, but I am now up to 8.5 tons on hand as I've been buying like crazy at the current prices. I currently have 3 tons Hamers, 2.5 tons AWF and 1 ton Curran in my barn. I have 1 ton Curran in my garage and 1 ton NEWP in my basement. I need all these pellets to feed my 2 stoves, a 2005 England 55SHP22 in the basement and new for this season a St. Croix Hastings on the first floor which heats both the first and second floors of my home. I am mostly a pick up myself guy with a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Hemi, but I did get the AWF delivered from www.woodpellets.com when they were having a sale and $39 delivery in November. I frequent my local Lowes and TSC (both 10 minutes away from my home) looking to see what pellet brands and prices they have every week. My wife thinks I have pellet mental issues. I even refer to the stash in my barn as my "Strategic Pellet Reserve" when people ask me what all the bags are in there. My house has been toasty warm all winter and my propane supplier isn't getting rich off me because of it! I hope this qualifies me to be a pellet pig, and thanks for the consideration.

bogey928 said:
Hey guys, I want to be a pellet pig!! I started the season with 3.5 tons, 2.5 tons of Cleanfire and 1 ton NEWP. I have burned the original 2.5 tons of Cleanfire and 1 ton of Hamers Hot Ones that I picked up in early January, but I am now up to 8.5 tons on hand as I've been buying like crazy at the current prices. I currently have 3 tons Hamers, 2.5 tons AWF and 1 ton Curran in my barn. I have 1 ton Curran in my garage and 1 ton NEWP in my basement. I need all these pellets to feed my 2 stoves, a 2005 England 55SHP22 in the basement and new for this season a St. Croix Hastings on the first floor which heats both the first and second floors of my home. I am mostly a pick up myself guy with a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Hemi, but I did get the AWF delivered from www.woodpellets.com when they were having a sale and $39 delivery in November. I frequent my local Lowes and TSC (both 10 minutes away from my home) looking to see what pellet brands and prices they have every week. My wife thinks I have pellet mental issues. I even refer to the stash in my barn as my "Strategic Pellet Reserve" when people ask me what all the bags are in there. My house has been toasty warm all winter and my propane supplier isn't getting rich off me because of it! I hope this qualifies me to be a pellet pig, and thanks for the consideration.

I think you are beyond pellet pig, I would put you in hog category, if there is one.
I bet a official will chime in.

slls said:
bogey928 said:

I think you are beyond pellet pig, I would put you in hog category, if there is one.

slls is correct! You qualify in a big pig way! I am a wee pig so you have to ask one of the true hogs what your statues would be. But you are a pig for sure!

Put this in your sig!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves†- eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome aboard! :) Don't forget to send imacm an the membership dues! ;-)

j-takeman said:
slls said:
bogey928 said:

slls is correct! You qualify in a big pig way! I am a wee pig so you have to ask one of the true hogs what your statues would be. But you are a pig for sure!

Put this in your sig!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves†- eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome aboard! :) Don't forget to send imacm an the membership dues! ;-)

Thanks guys! Glad to be aboard.

refresher bump

A classic thread that had to be bumped since it is before the first frost of the year.

I would like to submit my application for membership. I have a Harman P61a that I bought used and restored myself. I have 3 tons on Turman in the garage all hauled with a Toyota Sequoia with trailer in one trip. It does have the nearly 400 horsepower 5.7 v8 and not that little 4.7 gas sipper. It was all stacked by me with all labels of the bags in proper direction. Future plans for the addition of a second Harman upstairs with additional quantity of top shelf pellet fuel. I understand I meet the 3 ton minimum by the skin of my teeth but I ask for for you to be lienient due to my geographical location.

Reactions: smoke show
A classic thread that had to be bumped since it is before the first frost of the year.

I would like to submit my application for membership. I have a Harman P61a that I bought used and restored myself. I have 3 tons on Turman in the garage all hauled with a Toyota Sequoia with trailer in one trip. It does have the nearly 400 horsepower 5.7 v8 and not that little 4.7 gas sipper. It was all stacked by me with all labels of the bags in proper direction. Future plans for the addition of a second Harman upstairs with additional quantity of top shelf pellet fuel. I understand I meet the 3 ton minimum by the skin of my teeth but I ask for for you to be lienient due to my geographical location.

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs like OMV?

If so welcome aboard, please add the following to your signature:

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK! !
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Just placed an order with www.woodpellets.com for 10 tons of Cleanfire Hardwoods to be delivered anytime after 1 October. Haven't received my "Official" Oinker Card, yet, but having burned 14+ tons in the last three years between the P43 & the P61A, I expect it to arrive anyday now. Only got 4 bags stashed, but I don't have a whole lot of indoor storage. Not looking forward to "The Hawk" as the Chi-town folks call it, but I'll be ready when it gets here...

Just placed an order with www.woodpellets.com for 10 tons of Cleanfire Hardwoods to be delivered anytime after 1 October. Haven't received my "Official" Oinker Card, yet, but having burned 14+ tons in the last three years between the P43 & the P61A, I expect it to arrive anyday now. Only got 4 bags stashed, but I don't have a whole lot of indoor storage. Not looking forward to "The Hawk" as the Chi-town folks call it, but I'll be ready when it gets here...

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs like jtakeman and miscreant pellet hoarders and chicken keepers like SmokeyTheBear?

"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs like jtakeman and miscreant pellet hoarders and chicken keepers like SmokeyTheBear?

Dang! I must admit that I will not "root" at BB stores, as I was an NFI Certified service technician & have seen far too many UCOs (Unidentified Clinker Objects) in burn pots & too much "mung" (technical term) from the pseudo-wood pellets sold at such emporia & therefore will spend the additional moneys needed to procure American Biomass certified fuel. I will, however, defend my stash from all potential fuel-pilfering UnSubs with any means at my disposal, including my Paslode Framing Nailer...If I fall short of the PP Certified requirements due to the aforementioned assertations, I shall strive to overcome my self-professed "anality" & maybe, surreptitiously, appropriate a container or two of said pseudo-fuel & perform a carefully monitored scientifically verified combustion experiment to see if I can bring myself to acknowledge the acceptibility of the results...(Oink!)

Dang! I must admit that I will not "root" at BB stores, as I was an NFI Certified service technician & have seen far too many UCOs (Unidentified Clinker Objects) in burn pots & too much "mung" (technical term) from the pseudo-wood pellets sold at such emporia & therefore will spend the additional moneys needed to procure American Biomass certified fuel. I will, however, defend my stash from all potential fuel-pilfering UnSubs with any means at my disposal, including my Paslode Framing Nailer...If I fall short of the PP Certified requirements due to the aforementioned assertations, I shall strive to overcome my self-professed "anality" & maybe, surreptitiously, appropriate a container or two of said pseudo-fuel & perform a carefully monitored scientifically verified combustion experiment to see if I can bring myself to acknowledge the acceptibility of the results...(Oink!)

You're in you old buzzard update your signature and do your rooting at OMV's pellet stash instead of the BBs.

Reactions: DAKSY
OK. StB...The Sig has been updated, but my OTHER anal shortcoming made me correct the spelling erratum...

Now you done went an done'd it, imacman will be along shortly to correct your correction of what eernest4 said. Something about it being a direct quote :p . Ornery be you, are you sure you are not a Bear?

Just a suggestion and can be voted for at the next meeting. I think we will adopt a voting policy such as the nextel fireman's commercial.

Just so we got the requirements down in writing. Feel free to add or comment on the minimum requirements

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

Thanks for your support
Eric

Wow .......I just have to laugh because I was just complaining about #3 the other day....

I have almost 4 ton in my basement (need another 1/2 ton and I'll have a little over 4 ton)....
anyway, I have a Toyota Tundra which pretty much drinks the gas like kool-aid, and for every ton I get I have to make 2 trips!!

I would like to apply......

I can supply pictures if needed!

Thanks

JS

Wow .......I just have to laugh because I was just complaining about #3 the other day....

I have almost 4 ton in my basement (need another 1/2 ton and I'll have a little over 4 ton)....
anyway, I have a Toyota Tundra which pretty much drinks the gas like kool-aid, and for every ton I get I have to make 2 trips!!

I would like to apply......

I can supply pictures if needed!

Thanks

JS

Picture's of the stash would ice the membership! I'll vote you in once we see your stash! :cool:

Hey, I'm a chicken keeper too! Just not as big a flock!

Welcome DAKSY, Sounds like you'll fit right in! Keep an eye out for the blue van with the pigs hangin out the windows! ;)

With a stash like DAKSY's, We are on the way!

Welcome to the Club DASKY, boosted3g, and I second a vote for joescho...

Here we come!!!

index-39.jpeg

Hey, I'm a chicken keeper too! Just not as big a flock!

Welcome DAKSY, Sounds like you'll fit right in! Keep an eye out for the blue van with the pigs hangin out the windows! ;)

Here's the pic. The far end has 10 bags Somerset (from last year), 1 ton barefoots. The middle stack has 1/2 ton Allegheny, 15 bags Presto's, and 10 bags MWP. The stack nearest is 1 ton barefoots. I still need another 1/2 ton and am thinking either another 1/2 Allegheny's or 1/2 ton something from HD or Lowes.......

IMG_0495.JPG

Close enough joescho.

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs and chicken keepers like jtakeman and miscreant pellet hoarders and chicken keepers like SmokeyTheBear?

Just my luck, my chance to become a pig and my 97 chevy pellet hauler is stuck up north chasing bear with a buddy who bought one of them new fangled trucks that can't haul anything or is flashing some kinda light at him;lol

Here's the pic. The far end has 10 bags Somerset (from last year), 1 ton barefoots. The middle stack has 1/2 ton Allegheny, 15 bags Presto's, and 10 bags MWP. The stack nearest is 1 ton barefoots. I still need another 1/2 ton and am thinking either another 1/2 Allegheny's or 1/2 ton something from HD or Lowes.......

View attachment 73259

If that's a Flat Screen TV behind your stash, you just might be a Pellet Pig...

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.