Pellet sifter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excell

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2009
Winnipeg
What does a pellet sifter look like and do I need one ? I just read on an other post that they put them threw a pellet sifter and now I am curious .

You might want to follow this post which is very similar and should answer your question(s).

Steve

Thanks Steve I had already stumbled onto that one after my post .

Excell,

Many forum members have been very innovative in building pellet sifters or screeners.

Would be good to take the time to use the site's search function, using screening and also sifting as key words.

The two main types seem to be those that use a vacuum to assist in cleaning sawdust and fines and those that use some form of a screen and gravity for cleaning. Can range from a simple kitchen collander, a bucket with holes in the bottom, or very elaborate structures.

Screening itself can be a hot topic as there are those who think that screening is a waste of time and effort to those who would not think of not screening pellets before putting them in the stove.

Let us know what YOU decide.

Ranger

I am hopping that I will not have to do that .The reason I switched from wood is that I don't want to do the work any more . Although that doesn't look to hard . I guess it will depend on
the pellets that I get . And how they go threw the stove .

I did that last year for about 1 week, screw that, throw them right into your stove. Mine's still running. It would only hurt some kind of wimpy stove anyway.

[It would only hurt some kind of wimpy stove anyway/quote]

Is depends on the design of the stove, I had a top feeder and the fines would gather in the bottom of the auger and eventually jam, sold the stove, was a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.