Pellet stove and wall mounted thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2016
West Virginia
New to this forum and have a couple questions , I'm an owner of a pleasant hearth pellet stove model #PH50CABPS ( first time pellet stove owner ) i have had it for the second season now so far so good but was wondering if or how I can connect a wall mounted thermostat to the unit to further the efficiency ! any help/info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

No mention of thermostat in the manual nor identified terminals on the board to connect to.... But, welcome to the forum! Could try a search to right to see if anyone has tried or mentioned it.

Just did a search and haven't come up with any info , I also done a search just on Google and found something bout the Quadra fire thermostat for pellet stoves but wasn't specific to my brand and model email the company I got a reply saying it will work for my unit and showed a diagram basically placing the wall mount between the 2 wire temp probe and unit as run in a series

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-16-03-09-58.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-16-03-09-58.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,789
Specific to your stove, there is nothing in the manual to indicate a wall-mount can be used with it. The wiring diagram of the board does not show any connection. If there is a connection on the board, it will have a wire between the two terminals where connection would be made ... a jumper wire.

Not all stoves or control boards are created equal... could contact the company directly to see if it is possible. If you go that route, let us know what the answer is!

Specific to your stove, there is nothing in the manual to indicate a wall-mount can be used with it. The wiring diagram of the board does not show any connection. If there is a connection on the board, it will have a wire between the two terminals where connection would be made ... a jumper wire.

Not all stoves or control boards are created equal... could contact the company directly to see if it is possible. If you go that route, let us know what the answer is!
OK will do , thank you again , I will put any up dates I find with the situation

Do you run your stove in automatic mode now? Your manual shows that the unit will vary the burn rate to satisfy the desired temperature. If you install a room thermostat, you will only control the unit turning on and off, not the burn rate.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.