pellet stove auger problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spockhear

Oct 2, 2014
upstate ny
Hi, I have an Astoria Avalon Pellet stove and i am getting 2 green lights and flashing auger light. I have done everything that thea manual says to do in the troubleshooting section: cleaned the tube, vents, fan, etc. the stove comes on fine and drops pellets and flames up good, but shuts off after 15-30 minutes and then the lights flash. Any more ideas?

Have you checked the proof of fire snap disc?

Did the convection blower turn on after the stove lit?

When the stove turns on the convection fan it is nearing the end of start up and the beginning of run mode.

If you have the air restrictor closed too much there can be pellet buildup in the burn pot and even a #2 green light, if it is open too much it can blow out the fire and cause the stove to enter shut down.

Check page 22 of the manual.

Also cleaning just those areas mentioned in the manual will not get all of the ash out of the stove there are areas behind the "firebrick" that become plugged with ash those areas require a bit of brush poking and other means of torture to get clean.

Don2222 ran that particular model of stove for awhile. I wouldn't have expected the stove to even start with what you are indicating is an air flow issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.