Pellet stove fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was installed wrong or they had things stored too close?

Would like to know what model of stove. Most stoves are cold bodied. 10K, smoke damage, carpet getting soaked and trampled and a couple other things. They add up fast.

One article said it was too close to a wall, the other I read mentioned combustibles too close. Take your pick.

Sides...cold bodied.. Venting, warm to hot...

Front, another story. That viweing glass is certainly an accelerant when in close proximity to combustible materials. Jusat because the fire is inside, don't mean it stays inside if there is something to burn close to the glass......

10K ain't a lot. By the time the firemen are done wetting everything, 10K is peanuts.

One very good reason to have a extinguisher or two handy. I like both chemical and a water type. Just checked the smoke detectors last week and got a new photoelectric smoke detector.

Reactions: Peterfield
One very good reason to have a extinguisher or two handy. I like both chemical and a water type. Just checked the smoke detectors last week and got a new photoelectric smoke detector.

If the Hanuka tree goes up, a 'stinguisher ain't gonna help. Running OTD might.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.