Q&A Pellet Stove into forced air ducting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Hi-I am considering a pellet stove- but I don't really want the stove in the main living area of the house. I know that I have read (but now can't find) about pellet stoves that allow direct ducting into the home's existing forced air system. This would allow me to locate the stove in the basement and direct connect the heat output to the blower system. Would you know of a manufacturer that makes such a product? Any inherent advantages or disadvantages of doing this?

Answer:

There is such thing- but the cost of pellets in most central heat applications might be high. Do you have a cheap source of pellets ? One manufacturer even sells one that can switch to corn ! A Company called "even-temp" in Waco-Nebraska makes such a thing...don't have their number handy- but email back if you are unable to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.