Pellet stove parts for less

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Just received an email, %20 fir 20 days, if anyone needs anything

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
haha... just ordered from them.. Seems my stuff is on a slow boat from china as its been almost a moth since i ordered... They should be giving us Canadians a bigger discount for the outrageous shipping we pay.. I think this will be the last time for me as their shipping costs are just to high

Reactions: Washed-Up
haha... just ordered from them.. Seems my stuff is on a slow boat from china as its been almost a moth since i ordered... They should be giving us Canadians a bigger discount for the outrageous shipping we pay.. I think this will be the last time for me as their shipping costs are just to high
Best place in Canada to buy replacement parts

Problem today is shipping costs can be a deal breaker but sellers have little to no control over that. I lost almost all my offshore business because ship to cost offshore has gotten prohibitive. When the ship to cost exceeds the part price, people really shy away from buying stuff, but again, as a small businessman, I have no control over that. In fact, as of late, when quoting an order, I provide a link to the ship cost so my potential customers can go look for themselves. I never mark up ship cost. It is always exactly what it is.

Something we, as sellers, have no control over.

That place above does not list my brand of stove..

Sidecar.... Thats the way it should be have something that gives you shipping options. But these guys use the most expensive option. I do lots of shipping at work and we are not a huge company but we pay super low prices as we negotiated between all the options and who ever gave us the best rate got our main buissness... We do a fair bit between Can and the US i ship much more expensive parts and i pay the same or less than what i pay for this little part and thats not with our preferred shipper... I realize the smaller guy is not going to get the rate as a bigger company but they should at least take the extra step and email you with some options...

My issue is my very rural location more than anything else. Very limited as far as carriers go and I don't ship volume so if I want to use Fed-Ex or UPS, I have to pay a pickup fee for them to drive all the way out here and pick up the shipment or I can drive 35 miles to them, either way, it's a hassle.

One thing that was kind of hammered home by my European distributor in Geneva, Switzerland and that is, he told me that no matter who the carrier was, USPS, Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL or whomever, it all came in (landed) on the same airplane so I might as well ship the most convenient way.

I realize that most online retailers don't offer ship to options. Some do however and I tend to deal with them as a rule because I like options.

One thing that really fries my bacon is the Post Office and their built in inefficient handling of the mail and packages. That has to be a huge fiasco. Not sure what to attribute it to but I suspect it has a lot to do with the Postal Workers Union and inept management. USPS acts like it's a government entity. In reality, it's not. it is an independent business that can go to the Fed and get bailed out monetarily, every time they get in a bind. That should cease and cease now. if you cannot swim, then sink and let the private sector take over operations. I'm sure it would become way more efficient overnight.