Pellet stoves for DUMMIES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan10

Jan 18, 2007
PLEASE HELP!

I got my first pellet stove-- a Lennox Bella.

I love it, but I don't think I'm properly using it and memorizing the manual hasn't helped.

I burned a bag in 10 hours on the lowest setting and lowest fan speed-- does that seem right? Burning Energex Canadian.

And the flame is tiny.. almost non existent. Maybe a Third of the height of the burn pot?

The glass is black after a weeks use and the flue stick thingy is pushed all the way in.

You experts are probably head, wall, head, wall reading this, but please tell me all the things I am doing wrong!! Over my head.

Thank you so much in advance!!

That does not sound right at all. On low, one would expect a tiny flame, but not for it to eat thru pellets the way it does. black means low air supply. However, my guess is at the lowest fan speed, you most heat is going straight out the vent so you would need more fan speed to bring the heat to the room. Have you played around with the settings per your manual (most will tell you how to set the draft and adjust settings to get good combustion)? If you have, what were the results?

For anyone to help give you better info (I don't own that kind of stove and am pretty new here, so I can't really help), tell them more about your set up. Is the exhaust up and out (if so, how much vertical and how many 90 degree t's), is it straight out (tell us how much horizontal), do you have outside air kit installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.