Pellets available in Southeastern PA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forya

Feb 18, 2010
Bucks County Pa
I have found Hamers, Lignetics, Grean supreme's, Pennington, O'Malley's.
Is there any others around, and where?

http://www.helverson.com/index.php

Someone posted here that they carry Powerhouse (Great American)

Wood Heat in Q-Town carries C&C Smith Wood Pellet and Great American

I recall someone posting that a place in Telford carries Barefoots.

tractor supply in quakertown has the green lignetics and hardwood heats

mepellet said:
Aren't Greene teams made in pa?

Yes they are...A flooring place near me just got a shipment in...as soon as I drive by I'm going to pick up a few bags to try....

Not sure how close you are to dublin, pa, but they sell rebranded hammers. I got 1 ton to try and cleanest ive burned yet. Expensive but get them latw summer to save.

DONT BUY POWERHOUSE! They are terrible, at least in my st. Croix greenfield. Horrifically dirty and very low heat.

The farm supply store near me just got a load of lignetics in for 219.00 a ton I think I am going to get a ton.

I'm about 20mins from Dublin. I am burning the lignetics from the Quakertown Tractor Supply now. How are the Hardwood Heats?

I bought 1 ton of the Hardwood Heats from TSC back in the fall. I've burned thru about 3/4 of it this "winter". They burn very nice in my Accentra FS...glass stays very clean, not much carbon build up in the burn pot . Only down side to them is the amount of fines in the bags. I "clean" them with my vacuum sifter so after that they are a great pellet. I also have Barefoots from 2009 & 2010 and would say the HHs burn nicer.

Lowes in Pottsville has Green Supreme pellets for 219.00. How are these pellets for that price?

Dodge said:
Lowes in Pottsville has Green Supreme pellets for 219.00. How are these pellets for that price?

They are ok for the price but they do build up with a fluffy ash. I would use them over some brands but they are not my first pick.

Got an email today from Turman and they state that Hinton and Sons in Wind Gap carries them. I may go for a ride!

How would you compare them to presto-logs and stove chow.

Dodge said:
How would you compare them to presto-logs and stove chow.

I cannot say either one is better then the other. I would go with Stove Chow over Presto Logs but they both did well in my stove. Presto seems to have longer pellets then i like to see but they burn well and not to ashy. Stove Chow have many wood particles and dust but they burn hot. Im burning Green Supreme tonight and they are nice and hot! Buy a few of each and see how your stove does.

Pelletfisky said:
Got an email today from Turman and they state that Hinton and Sons in Wind Gap carries them. I may go for a ride!

That's the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap super nice folks. I just scored some Great Americans for $3.90/ bag awesome price.

will711 said:
Pelletfisky said:

That's the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap super nice folks. I just scored some Great Americans for $3.90/ bag awesome price.

Nice thats a great deal!!

will711 said:
Pelletfisky said:

How are the GAP's burning for you? Mixed reviews this season on those.

Has anyone had a problems burning lignetics this year.

referee38 said:

I got a ton of the green lettered bags and they are great as usual!

slvrblkk said:
will711 said:
Pelletfisky said:

Only had one issue, there was a bad batch[ that they are aware of and have made good on by exchanging bags] had longer than normal pellets caused a bridge in the hopper. Great heat , no clinkers GAP's are all I've burned this season accept for 3 bags of Barefoot's from last years stash.

I'm sold on them. They seem like a stand up company they knew they had a bad batch and made it right. I like they fact that they are local with the cost of fuel going UP that may be a bonus for us.If it costs more for the pellet house's for trucking those costs will be passed on to us the end user.

will711 said:
slvrblkk said:
will711 said:
Pelletfisky said:

Only had one issue, there was a bad batch[ that they are aware of and have made good on by exchanging bags] had longer than normal pellets caused a bridge in the hopper. Great heat , no clinkers GAP's are all I've burned this season accept for 3 bags of Barefoot's from last years stash.

I'm sold on them. They seem like a stand up company they knew they had a bad batch and made it right. I like they fact that they are local with the cost of fuel going UP that may be a bonus for us.If it costs more for the pellet house's for trucking those costs will be passed on to us the end user.

I tried a couple bags last year but they just burned ok in my old stove. So far my new stove burns everything very well so far. I'm gonna pick up a few bags at the Cozy Barn to try. I'm also picking up some Turman. They are, hands down, the best pellet I think I've ever burned.

There is a wood flooring place on 248 between 946 and 145 that usually has some different brands, not sure what they have right now I don't get up that way much. Cozy Barn is great too, don't get up that way too much either. With pellets so readily available and a Lowes a couple miles away coupled with the mild winter I just saw no need to travel too far for pellets or buy large quantities. I find not having tons laying around keeps me from doing the same. Hardware store (now a mill?) on 191 just past Hanoverville Rd. usually has Allegheny (Woodpecker on the bag) but I did not like those pellets, too many longs jammed my auger all the time.

slvrblkk said:
will711 said:
slvrblkk said:
will711 said:
Pelletfisky said:

I tried a couple bags last year but they just burned ok in my old stove. So far my new stove burns everything very well so far. I'm gonna pick up a few bags at the Cozy Barn to try. I'm also picking up some Turman. They are, hands down, the best pellet I think I've ever burned.

I forgot you got a new stove congrats. Not sure what the Turman's cost when I was there in December they had Hammer's but, the price was almost $6.00/bag ouch! Was speaking with one of the owners they committed to X amount of trailers for this year but probably won't be carrying them next season just to expensive.

PerfectaDude said:
There is a wood flooring place on 248 between 946 and 145 that usually has some different brands, not sure what they have right now I don't get up that way much. Cozy Barn is great too, don't get up that way too much either. With pellets so readily available and a Lowes a couple miles away coupled with the mild winter I just saw no need to travel too far for pellets or buy large quantities. I find not having tons laying around keeps me from doing the same. Hardware store (now a mill?) on 191 just past Hanoverville Rd. usually has Allegheny (Woodpecker on the bag) but I did not like those pellets, too many longs jammed my auger all the time.

R&S Flooring.....I called them about two weeks ago and they said the had Green Team's in.....I was heading to Wilkes Barre early one morning and saw a trailer there unloading pellets and that's when I called them....As soon as I drive by again I'm gonna grab a few bags.....They used to carry Firemaker I believe.....can't remember if that's the correct name......They burned great in my old stove......

Pelletfisky said:
referee38 said:

I got a ton of the green lettered bags and they are great as usual!

I tried several bags of the same (Green Lettered) a week ago & they really seem to burn good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.