Pellets by the tote (one ton)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeB

Apr 4, 2006
Bangor, Maine
I'm just starting my 8th ton of pellets this season. I have two Harmon Accentras, one for the house and one for the five-room office. I decided to try buying a one-ton tote that came on a pallet and delivered by small three-wheeled forklift into my garage. No stacking bags. I think it's going to work out great. Dysart's delivered for $219/ton.

Moe

Sounds cool, can you post pic?

It's dark tonight, but I will open the garage tomorrow to let in some light and try to post a picture. It's a great big huge heavy-duty bag with a recloseable top, the same size as a pallet full of a ton of pellets. This might be good for people who have difficulty lifting the 40 lb. bags or don't want to unload them from the delivery truck. We save our pellet bags to recycle them for trash bags as they're much stronger than the thin plastic garbage bags, and it's easy, also, to take a small bucket and fill the pellet bags half full. It would make for easier carrying for the elderly or infirm. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier or I would have tried to do a picture this afternoon. Looks like we're getting more snow here in Maine tonight . . .

Moe

Status
Not open for further replies.