pellets don't slide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobswworld

Apr 29, 2008
western virginia
Hi all,
couple of chilly nights here in VA, got the stove fixed and burning well except it went out on us in middle of night
the pellets hung onto the corners and did not fall to the bottom.
Any ideas?
I thought I saw a post on here one time but did not find it.

bobswworld said:
Thanks now I remember reading the one about tape. It seems ok now as long as I keep it full
thanks again

The whole idea is not to have to "keep it full" so maybe try some wax or metal tape or slight sanding. What if your sleeping and it quits feeding and goes out in the dead of winter??

woodsman23 said:
............so maybe try some wax or .........

I've heard that suggested before. Anyone have problems with the wax getting warm and causing the pellets to stick? I'd think that could be a big mess.

bobswworld said:
Hi all,
couple of chilly nights here in VA, got the stove fixed and burning well except it went out on us in middle of night
the pellets hung onto the corners and did not fall to the bottom.
Any ideas?
I thought I saw a post on here one time but did not find it.

Give it a good kick in the a$$ before bed time to shake em' down.
-----------------------------
I have the same problem with my Englander. And if you are in VA. you may have one? I will most likely line the hopper with aluminum tape and in the mean time top off the hopper before sleep

I am sorry it is an Englander, should have answered that.
You're right it will probably still do it when it gets low
it seems a good kick would help lol
but it has not got to be a nuisance yet but I'm sure it will, seems there is enough of a problem with them
to warrant some kind of a fix.

woodsman23 said:
bobswworld said:
Thanks now I remember reading the one about tape. It seems ok now as long as I keep it full
thanks again

The whole idea is not to have to "keep it full" so maybe try some wax or metal tape or slight sanding. What if your sleeping and it quits feeding and goes out in the dead of winter??

Why is the whole idea not to keep the hopper full?

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.