Pellets falling oddly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zerowkul98

Oct 5, 2016
Bolton, MA
HI everyone!

Upon seeing the exhaust coming out of the pipe in a weak fashion, i decided to clean my Heatilator CAB50 earlier than usual (less than 1 ton burned). Took the baffles off, cleaned well, vac'd out everything (i vac the burn chamber out daily), blew the exhaust pipe out with a shop vac in reverse, cleaned out the pipe of ash remnants, etc.

After getting it running again, it was running well. After a few days, i got the CLUNK form the auger feed (this happens when a pellet is jammed, stuck) but it quickly corrects itself. Ive never taken the auger device apart or out before. However, now some of the pellets fall from the chute and fall just behind it. Not many, but enough to create an ash-bar right behind the pot. Most still make it to the pot, runs fine, but still wondering if anyone here might know if this is a symptom of something that they are familiar with.

Thanks!

Mark in Mass

Reactions: Ssyko
Can you get us a photo please

Reactions: Ssyko
Well, I can save you guys the trouble of my amateur questions. I figured it out.

After a burn cycle, i saw that the cover for the thermocouple was loose. I let the unit cool, loosened the bolt, slid the t.c. back into place and low and behold, the pellets mustve been smacking off the t.c. as it was sticking out too much. Everything falls into place perfectly now.

Thanks anyways!

Reactions: Joe.G and Ssyko