Pellets won't stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zmann96

Oct 21, 2018
Gilford, New Hampshire
I'm kinda new to burning and using pellets. Had wood stoves. I tried lighting my England 25 PDVC 55 - 22E yesterday. First issue was one wire was off the vacuum sensor. I had my settings on 4-6-1 and spent an hour trying to light it. It kept going out. I tried with a small torch and still nothing. I didn't have any gel starter. I set it up 1 - 8 - 1. it seemed like the auger was smothering the ones trying to start. do you think the exhaust blower is on it;s way out? It is running during SU. I purchased the stove from a private party and it's in really good shape. Any suggestions

You should go to the England stove site and download a copy of the manual for your stove .And do not kid your self if it doesn't run it's not in good shape ,but England stoves technicians can help you correct that . Good luck .

did you give it a good clean including blowers? Sounds like its not getting enough air to maintain the fire

Reactions: Ssyko
When I start my stove I wait some 5 min until I turn on the auger (I use firesticks), and when a number of the pellets are burning. Then I turn on the auger. Not sure how the auto-start systems work.

are the holes under the burn plate open? If you cap them with metal duct tape (temporarily, till you can get hillman plugs) that will direct more air up through the burn plate. (Search 25pdvc burn pot mod) As Z mentioned clean that stove good leaf blower trick works the best (search leaf blower trick on you tube)