PelPro 120 Not Feeding Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

novah

Hearth Supporter
Jun 6, 2008
Milton, NH
After running fine for the last couple of days, the stove unexpectedly "went out" this afternoon. I let it cool so I could clean it and when I went to start it back up, I found it would not keep feeding pellets.

When I push the start button, the fans turn on and the auger cycles 5 times and then stops even though the feed light comes on indicating the controls are calling for pellets. Knowing that the pellets have stopped feeding, I push the stop button, wait a minute and pust the start button again. The second time and each subsequent time it will cycle 6 times before it stops. IF I wait an hour and try it again it cycles 5 times the first try and 6 times for the rest of the tries.

I did this 3 times, about an hour apart. In all trials, the feed light comes on indicating a call for pellets. It seems like the fans, auger and the auger motor are operating correctly. I lowered the pellet supply so I can see the auger and hear the auger motor turn on for the 5 or 6 times the cycle is completed. Seems like it is the Acutron board. Any other ideas?

I figured out what the problem was.

I had adjusted the air dampener a half hour earlier and I had slowed the combustion fan down at the same time. Apparently this causes insufficient vacuum to feed pellets. Not sure what that means but I increased the speed and it is working again. I need to make fine tuning adjustments more slowly in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.