PelPro 130 smoking.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Steve Garrett

Mar 1, 2020
Michigan
Good morning everyone, I have a 1.5 year old PP130 which recently started to fill the fire pot with ash quickly and leaves many partially burnt pellets. If these are still hot when the blower exhaust turns off it will smoke the room. Still running the same batch of pellets. Seems like it’s not getting enough air but strange that it just started happening and is steadily getting worse. I’m not able to get 24 hours without cleaning. Thanks in advance.

Leaf blower trick. Vent is clogged up. Dirty pellets mean clean everything more often. I just worked on the same stove and it was clean before season and i just got a 3 foot tube of ash out of its vent pipe. So check you exhaust pipe

Reactions: Steve Garrett
Leaf blower trick. Vent is clogged up. Dirty pellets mean clean everything more often. I just worked on the same stove and it was clean before season and i just got a 3 foot tube of ash out of its vent pipe. So check you exhaust pipe
Thank you, just cleaned that out yesterday but still having the same issue today. I use an old shop-vac first then run the vent brush through it after and vacuum again. I’ve cleaned everything except hooking the vacuum to the fresh air inlet.

Lack of combustion air Clean your stove not just the firebox but all the exhaust paths in the stove
Clean your chimney from stove to termination. Clean your OAK if you have one or the air intake to the fire pot
See your manual for instructions
A clean ash-free stove is a happy stove;)