PelPro PP130 Vibrating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbol

Nov 29, 2022
Ohio
I have a one year old PelPro PP130 which rattles very loudly when it is hot. I feel a vibration in the convection blower which vibrates the sheet metal the blower is mounted on. The rattling stops when I place my hand on either the blower motor or the sheet metal plate. I contacted PelPro explaining this situation and included a video illustrating this vibration and what makes it stop. Their reply was to ask me about the venting, to open the door when in operation, clean the unit, how often I clean it, and finally to clean the firebox and use different pellets. I clean the unit regularly including both blowers. I have asked for an explanation as to how these are related and only get more suggestions that the unit is dirty. They have offered a warranty replacement on the convection blower but insist this is what they are "told by techs that have been working with these stoves for up to 10 years." What am I missing here?

Sounds like something is expanding when it gets hot.
I'd start tightening fasteners, especially those on or
around the parts that are vibrating. They can loosen with
expansion & contraction of metal parts.

I would say the cleaning and changing of pellets is just a common thing they throw out when troubleshooting. Like when. You call your internet provider and they ask you to make sure it's plugged in LOL. I could see a vibration if the fans had a lot of buildup. Maybe check the two bolts that hold the blower motor on, I was kind of unimpressed with how loose mine is and that there is only two mounting points.