PelPro PP70 not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Carriet

Dec 24, 2021
Northampton, Pa
My Pel Pro PP70 stopped feeding pellets while I was at work the other day.
Figuring it was an auger jam, I did the normal clean out of all the pellets and vacuumed. Cleaned out fire box and brushed everything down. Turned it back on... Nothing.
Emptied everything out again, checked for a jam, then REALLY cleaned everything, including all exhaust pipes. Tried again, nothing. I checked the vacuum switch hose to see if it was blocked and that was okay.
Contacted the company today(what a joke) and they sent me the same troubleshooting guide I have in my paperwork.
Any clues what I could try? I'm slightly handy but not to the extent some of you people are. Still learning.
Any information greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

When you start the stove does the combustion blower(fan) come on?
Have you tested the auger motor?
have you jumped the vac switch?
Did you have a power outage the night the stove stopped?
Is your stove plugged into a surge protector?

When you start the stove does the combustion blower(fan) come on?
Have you tested the auger motor?
have you jumped the vac switch?
Did you have a power outage the night the stove stopped?
Is your stove plugged into a surge protector?
Hi, thanks for the response. The combustion fan does come on. No power outage that day. It is not plugged into a power strip, straight in the wall.
As for the other things, I'm not sure I would know how to do those things. I tend to watch YouTube videos to try to figure out how to do all these things. Just figured I'd ask here since y'all know way more than I do. And before I try to find a tech that will work on something they didn't sell me.

is the hopper lid switch look bent and not closing?

Look at page 39 of this manual
and run the flow chart
This manual is better than the insulation manual that comes with the stove
Thanks, Johneh, the PDF you shared has a lot of great detail!

I'm having some of the same issues that Carriet is running into. I reached out to Pelpro's customer support and they recommended this video: HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT THE FEED MOTOR

I've been working my way through the steps 1) cleaning, 2) vacuum switch, 3) cotter pin in place, and have reached 4) clearing an auger jam. Unfortunately, I can't get the plate covering the auger to release (all the screws are out.) It appears to be very firmly sealed in place with silicone. I can't even get a thin blade between the metal of the hopper shoot and the plate! Any thoughts on how to clear a jam if you can't open up the plate?

Last edited:
Nice vid but I would pull the cotter pin and see if the auger motor runs. At least see it
the motor is being fed power with everything connected. If it does not run
I would also make a jumper wire to test the auger moto with full 120 volts from a wall socket
If there is no power to the auger check the wiring and both switches again
Probably the most important thing is clean the stove from air intake to exhaust termination
I would not pull the auger cover only as a last resort without a dought you will warp it during removal