pets and wildlife - rat poison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug MacIVER

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2012
se mass
by nature this is political but then it is far beyond politics.

has anyone here directly witnessed the sad circumstance of an animal ingesting a poisoned rat or mouse or worse the poison itself?. not pretty. dry ice a clean natural alternative but. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ig-cities-stop-killing-rats-dry-ice/94337366/

not an approved pesticide. guess maybe vinegar will be banned as a herbicide?

just questioning the common sense of it's actions here, not a political statement!

No I've not, thankfully. I have seen antifreeze poisoning first hand though in dogs.
A forum frequently by veterinarians might be a better place to ask. I don't know that we have any here.
A simple web search using the terms "rodenticide, pet, poisoning, case study" came up with many references in veterinary literature. Many of these reported owners with dogs with direct evidence of poison ingestion either directly or by carcass.

i have dogs and outside/inside cats, so I don't use poisons that they may get into. The cats handle anything that may want to or does get in the house. Dogs keep others out of the yard, minus deer

I've had a dog get decon before. 2 cups of peroxide will get them to vomit it up if you catch it quick.

I've had a dog get decon before. 2 cups of peroxide will get them to vomit it up if you catch it quick.
How'd you get the peroxide in?

Status
Not open for further replies.