Pex Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rvtgr8

Pex Supply has good products. Pex Supply has decent prices. Pex Supply pexes me off! I just got the order from them to build my system. My Tekmar controller and half the 2" black steel fittings were on back order. Talk about frustration. I guess you get a discount for a reason, or is this just some sort of anomaly? >:-(

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH! :ahhh: Nearly four months after he wrote the following and this is what is happening? They are borrowing Peter to pay Paul by doing this with these orders! I can't wait for much longer on parts. I don't have enough $$$$$$$$$ to double order from Patriot because I am on a fixed income. I have to get this Garn in and all I keep doing is running into walls!

firestarter
Posted: 13 October 2008 03:44 PM
Rank
NY
Total Posts: 2
Joined 2008-10-10
All,

PexSupply.com was designed with our customers in mind, and we pride ourselves on our ability to meet and exceed your expectations. We have not taken your feedback lightly and are working hard to implement the necessary changes to fix the issues you have noted. If you have any other suggestions on how we can make our website and our service better, we would love to hear them.

As to the current issues, PexSupply.com is currently undergoing a number of upgrades that will include more phone lines (to allow more of your calls to get answered without going to voicemail), more packing staff (to get your orders out the door quicker) and increased order communication (so that you’ll know if any items are back ordered and when to expect your order). These upgrades take time, but please be assured that we are working hard to get your orders out the door as fast as possible. With regards to our charging policy, we currently use a system in which we charge credit cards immediately so that no credit card information is kept on file. This policy increases the security for all of our customers and will be posted on our site soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but appreciate your patience and your input on how our site can better serve you.

Thank you,
Josh M.
President
PexSupply.com

Josh M, if you are still monitoring this site, get your act together and stop screwing with peoples' lives! If I don't get these guys tomorrow, I will cancel on my cc for the remainder of my order. There is no excuse for this continued M.O.

Robert :mad:

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them too. According to the UPS tracking thing, the order is on it's way. Hope it's all there...................

Robert,

I ordered my Grundfos pumps from them, and wound up waiting for several weeks while they were on backorder. I bought most of my fittings from the local Pro plumbing supply through a friends account. I also ordered pumps through the supply shop, and they were on national backorder for the sizes I needed first (15-58s can be found anywhere). I needed dupes of some of them, so I decided to try both sources. Prices were comparable with the prof discount through the supply house.

DO NOT buy your HX through Pexsupply. Their prices are way high. I think I gave you a link to a vendor on eBay that has good prices, and was good to deal with. If you need it again, holler.

If you do not have a local supply house, you will have to deal with the mail order issues, unfortunately. I did eventually get all my stuff, and it was packed and shipped professionally.

Thanks Jim,

I did get my HX from your eBay dealer. It was here in two days and packed like they were sending quail eggs. Big 50 plate job but much less than what Pex Supply wanted. For the extra cash it would have been back ordered for a month. Thanks for your tip about KJ Motor.

Robert ;-)

I've placed a few orders from them without any problems......

I hope that I am wrong and that the three pages of grousing about the company back in October have been solved. I am probably being too critical, but honest to Pete, It seems like this Garn just refuses to get installed. I am going to do my best to contact them and get at the bottom of this. They have me at yet another stand still.

Robert

RVT, I've only been dealing with Patriotsupply.com since I posted that thread above. They seem 1000% better able to manage orders and ship on-time. For what it's worth....

stee6043 said:
RVT, I've only been dealing with Patriotsupply.com since I posted that thread above. They seem 1000% better able to manage orders and ship on-time. For what it's worth....

I had excellent luck with Patriotsupply also. I've ordered 3 times (twice with EBay and once just calling and asking questions) and I was extremely happy all times. I didn't price check them except with the EBay orders and they weren't out of line.

The part about charging your credit card at the time of order while frustrating, I would say is good policy on their part. If a company keeps your credit card number around be it digitally or on paper for weeks, it would seem much more vulnerable. So while this sounds bad for them, I think it actually is good.

I have a vendor I buy from fairly regularly who will order parts for me (heavy eqipment) and then when they come in will ask for the card number before shipping to me. When I tell them they already have it, they say Oh no we don't keep that here, and so we do it all over.

I recently had a card compromised, but it wasn't that one. I got a phone call while traveling - we were between flights at LAX " did you buy tickets to Luxenborg? did you donate 1000 to the international red cross" Ok we'll cancel that card, no harm to you. The only problem was that was the card was one I was to leave with my son while he is in Hawaii "studying".

One of the comments above about circulators is valid. If you are running multiple circ. systems, or high head systems, be prepared for a failure. A 007 is cheap insurance, you will need it sometime. A 0011 if it quits will be hard to come by almost anywhere.
As to your other comments we buy locally as much as possible, but if you can't get the trade price...

Ditto on the above about Patriot Supply---quick ship and they answered all my questions--no problems.

PexSupply is a royal mess. I placed an order (~$1000) with them last month. After reading the last post about them, I spent close to an hour on the phone checking inventory for each item on my list. With each item, the girl I spoke with would email her "shipping manager" to check status of the parts. 6 or 7 items were not in stock so I bought them from Patriot Supply (pricing was only a little bit higher). Within a week, I received approx. HALF my order, rest showed back-ordered even though the girl I spoke with verified that it was in stock. A full month later I received the rest of my order but was still missing a box of 1-1/2" close nipples, even though paperwork showed complete. I called them and they refunded my credit card for the missing nipples, but this was such a test of my patience that I will probably never buy from them again.

By the way, Patriot's order showed up complete and on time with no drama. I will be buying from them again.

I called them this morning and talked to customer service. A nice lady pulled up my order and then explained that she would look into the problem on each and every item on my list. She understood that I was very disappointed and then explained she needed about fifteen minutes to get to the bottom of all of this. I checked to see that she had the correct return numbers and waited by the phone. Guess what? Nobody called back! I looked this type of behavior up and found it under the heading, "Insult to Injury." As my dear departed father used to say, "They are doing their best to sour the milk of human kindness in me." :smirk:

I have a buddy that just opened (last august) an on-line business and he had to do quite extensive training in order to take credit cards. Visa told him it was illegal to charge a credit card until he was actually shipping the merchandise.

I'd call the credit card company and file a complaint if your were told stuff was in and your not getting it.

for what it's worth..........

I got in touch with another lady who found the first lady who never called me back. No explanation was given to me as why no one returned my call. I guess at Pex Supply, doodoo occurs! The new person explained that all of my items were now in stock except for that pesky Tekmar controller. It was coming in tomorrow or Monday and then they would ship all of my order. I explained that I needed all of this stuff and that if she had my black steel in stock I wanted it shipped now. I also explained that the controller needed to be a.s.a.p. Anybody believe I should be holding my breath? I have little confidence that these people have these problems resolved. They seem terribly disorganized. Again, I hope that I am wrong.

Eric, yeah, I do not think that they are supposed to charge the card like they did. The big ticket items that were on B.O. amounted to a several hundred dollar loan until it comes in. Even a small inventory/ sales software program should be able to alert a buyer when a part is not in stock so they can make a decision to go elsewhere.

Robert

To further make you chuckle....after my experience with Pexsupply.com last Fall I did submit two complaints to the New York Better Business Bureau. You'll be shocked to find that the NY BBB is almost as responsive as Pexsupply.com. It was three full months before they responded to my complaint. Amazing...

BUT DO NOT LOSE HOPE - After three weeks of waiting for my order and no less than 10 phone calls there was a silver lining, my friends. They sent me a FREE Pexsupply.com T-Shirt as their way of saying "thanks for the interest-free short term loan". I smiled....

I've had good luck with Pex Supply. Probably ordered from them at least 10 times - bought almost a mile of pex tubing from them, 4 manifolds, and two pumps to name a few. Very few issues. Had some things back ordered, but I figure that's what you get when you try to buy from the cheapest supplier. Overall, I give them an A. I recently ordered a thermostatic mixing valve and noticed one of the gaskets was damaged - after their deadline for returns. No problem, they shipped me extra gaskets for free. Value was only a few dollars, but they did the right thing and sent them for free whereas some cheapest-on-the-net sites would stick you for a few pennies just because they don't care.

I've also ordered from Patriot Supply with good success. Bought a Wilo super efficient pump from them and the flanges for it. Again, good experience - and email help finding the correct flanges.

For nipples, pipe, fittings, gas, solder... I buy local and pay 10% to 50% more to have it the same day (and returns are no-hassle) and I occasionally learn a few things from the guys behind the counter that makes up the difference in price.

BBB has no teeth. If you file a complaint with the NYS Attorney General they WILL respond.

I recently bought a pile of stuff from Pexsupply, DesignHeating, Houseneeds, and EComfortUsa. Pexsupply was the slowest to ship, but I ended up calling them and adding to the order, so it worked out for me in the end. Their free shipping for over $400 also helps.

It would be nice to know up front whether or not the product is in stock. Some of the above do show stock status. I think that is where most of the dissatisfaction comes from.

EricV said:
BBB has no teeth. If you file a complaint with the NYS Attorney General they WILL respond.

I filed complaints with NY and ME AG's and the BBB about my dealings with a crook who DID NOT deliver as advertised products hiding behind an out of state filed LLC. The ME AG closed my complaint out for the following reason: the other party DOES NOT WANT TO mediate. Recently I inquired about a response I filed in Sept 2008 to a "response " received by the NY AG in Aug 2008. I asked the status in Dec 2008 and the NY AG told me they just sent my response out two days prior. Three months to send out my written response -- They had to do nothing but send it out ! I also called the ME AG to see if my new complaint had been received. Guess what-they had nothing. I was told by the NY AG they would send such to ME AG. I call the NY AG again--their response--"Oh, I don't see anything here being sent out, we'll send that right out tomorrow." THANKS!!!!!!!!

I would always file a complaint with the AG BUT don't expect much. The AG is not your lawyer and they can not force the other party to mediate. PEX Supply would probably mediate to try and save face but the slime that rip off people legitimately hiding behind LLC's will continue to do so.

The con artist I am dealing with is Phillip Dougherty--AKA--www.adobeboiler.com or www.enterpriseboiler .com -- currently down websites, but he still is doing business with the storefronts www.royalmtn.com and shop.enterpriseboiler.com This April will be one year with no type of resolution. I wish anyone luck stepping out into this territory--I know I need it......

Wow, what a pain in the A**. Sorry to hear that. I used the NY AG once and they did good by me.

Good luck with that.

EricV said:
Wow, what a pain in the A**. Sorry to hear that. I used the NY AG once and they did good by me.

Good luck with that.

You bet. I know probably lots of people are helped that are dealing with an actual legitimate person/business but this is not my case. I am also familiar how the state operates....... Thanks!!

I have called them. They told me that they had the parts and would ship immediately. Did the shipment arrive? No. Has it shipped? Apparently not or I would have a tracking number. Have I been able to connect up with them again or received an email giving me the status of this problematic order? Nope! So I am on hold, unable to move forward. If I cancel and reorder, it can be a real hassle with my card company. I made an error by not doing my homework on Pex Supply. Lesson learned. I will wait one more day and then cancel and reorder through a more honorable company.

When the stuff comes, or I learn to sandcast my own, I will be drafting a letter to the President of Pex Supply and posting it here.

Robert

To my astonishment, most, but not all of my order arrived today from Pex Supply. I still do not have my Tekmar controller , but I am a ways off from needing it. At least now I am able to begin the work of plumbing in the black steel and sizing my copper. :cheese: Perhaps grousing a bit, sans any cussing, served me well here. I do think these guys monitor the site. Thanks for listening to my rants on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.