PF100 Pellet Furnace burn pot question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Josh860

Dec 9, 2018
CT
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have had the Harman PF100 for over 8yrs and I was wondering if this is a fire brick and what the replacement size is? I know about the fire brick that sits against the pf100 wall...but was unable to find this one...or am I wrong and this is just burnt pellet debris? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20181209_135755.jpg
    20181209_135755.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 416
sorry i cant answer your question, but curious how you like your furnace? how many bags do you burn a day.. im looking into one but cant find a whole lot of info on them.

sorry i cant answer your question, but curious how you like your furnace? how many bags do you burn a day.. im looking into one but cant find a whole lot of info on them.
Hey Brian! I have had my pf100 for around 8 years now. I hear a 1500 square ft house in the New England area burning around 1.3 bags a day or 5 ton for each heating season. I have had a few issues with the pf100, replaced ignitor 3 times roughly, a new circuit board, 1 combustion fan, 1 blower fan, and recently a fire brick and flame guide. Overall it is a pretty good investment, better than electric or oil heat imo. I would recommend one. Best of luck!

That is a fire brick. Here's a link to the part. https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.co...100-300i-oakleaf-tl300-tl2-6-ba100-3-40-86125

How is the burn pot holding up?
The burn pot has had a bubble in it now for like 6 years, doesnt appear to hinder the machines performance. I have the occasional ignitor issue where the pf100 never lights....I recently changed the flame guide and the fire brick after 8 years. I didn't realize the flame guide was a wear and tear item. Let me tell you I spent like 2hrs trying to pull it out as it became bloated and impacted in the burn pot....nightmare!!! Look at the old vs the new. Happy Holidays!
14848.jpeg

Reactions: Mr._Graybeard