pf120 feed settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bness

Dec 30, 2014
bark river,Michigan
What is good feed settings for pf120.everyone seems to say 4.I have new stove that seems to be having to many clinkers.they had to turn heat setting to 5 and feed to 4 this fall to get it to run right.

Sorry no one got back to you but welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will chime in with some suggestions ....

What pellets are you burning? What venting and OAK configurations do you have?

Edit: Try a search of the forum using the box top right ... there are a few owners on the forum.

Burning a premium softwood pellet I am running feed rate of 4 and heat setting of 4. No problems with klinkers, I have played aroundnwith feed rates as low as 3 (not enough heat generated) and 4.5 (better heat, but less efficient). Welcome!

Burning Greene Gold premium pellets. Feed rate at #2 any higher I get a tall flame and clinkers.
I'm guessing there's a huge difference in our pellets, I currently have my feed rate bump back up to 4.5 due to the temps being well below zero here all week. I'm still not sure what a clinker is, I'll look that up shortly.

Apparently Clinker are what I would refer to as "carbon buildup" in the the pot, I get very little of this even when I don't scrape the pot for a week. Have you checked the draft inside of your firebox? I'm new to this, but I would assume a weak draft could cause a tall or lazy flame.

Clinkers are when your ashes form in hard clumps due to smoldering together ( too many pellets/ not enough air) the carbon buildup is normal to get a little towards the bottom of the pot. Temps aaregoing into the single digits the next couple days so I'll let you know how it works out. 11 out now and has no problem keeping the house at 72

Status
Not open for further replies.