PH50CABPS Feeding problem.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike21

Dec 8, 2020
Washington
I can't figure this out, please help. I have a Pleasant Hearth PH50CABPS and PH35, so parts are interchangeable, for a test I switch components and run the second stove. I've had this stove and the smaller one for about 4 years, so I'm pretty familiar with them. The 50 quit feeding pellets after start-up, drops pellets fine, lights then the fire burns out. I can usually get it going by starting on high (continuous run) and then turning the thermostat down after its running. After a thorough cleaning, yes, the exhaust path and chimney as well. I have the voltmeter sensing the power wire for the auger motor coming off the mother board and nothing past the start-up cycle. The other thing that might be a clue for someone is the auger priming feature will not work either, with this model you turn the unit from off to high 2 times and the auger motor should run for 2 minutes.
Things I've tested:
Hopper lid switch and vacuum switch, both bypassed
Feed motor(switched and "bench tested")
Exhaust temp sensor
Exhaust fan
Control box (there was a loose connection on the harness from the control box to the mother board, switched that also)
Mother board
Tested the snap disk with voltimeter

The only thing that affected the PH35 was the harness connection, all other switches and sensors ran it fine.
www.manualslib.com › products › P...
Pleasant hearth PH50CABPS Series Manuals | ManualsLib