Piazzetta Monia External Programable Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jchandu

Feb 25, 2023
Napanee
Is it possible to run a Monia off an external programable thermostat, such as a Honeywell Home? According to the manual you can connect an External T stat but what wires do you use?

I have connected two wires to the N-H2O ports and connected those two wires to the W &R terminals on the Honeywell T Stat.

The Room Temp wire on the machine is removed.

Room Temp set to 7 Degrees

Energy Savings Mode is off.

still, the Honeywell TStat will not control the Monia.

what am I doing wrong.

thanks

There is typically a setting in a stove menu to change from internal to external wired thermostat.

If it is a "Smart" or electronic thermostat, did you connect a 24VAC transformer to the Honeywell, to power it?

The transformer should connect to the R and C thermostat terminals, and the jumper between the R and the Rh terminal must be removed. Then the stove should be connected to the Rh and the W thermostat terminals.

Which model thermostat is it?

Last edited:
There is typically a setting in a stove menu to change from internal to external wired thermostat.

If it is a "Smart" or electronic thermostat, did you connect a 24VAC transformer to the Honeywell, to power it?

The transformer should connect to the R and C thermostat terminals, and the jumper between the R and the Rh terminal must be removed. Then the stove should be connected to the Rh and the W thermostat terminals.

Which model thermostat is it?
This is a Honeywell Home, programable thermostat.

No, I did not connect a 24VAC transformer to the TStat.

There is 5 VDC coming from the Monia stove when turned on.

I could not find any menu option to turn on external TStat.

OK, some more info:
- There is no menu setting for this on the Monia.
- The thermostat must be connected to the terminals marked "TERM", not the "N-H2O" terminals.
- Did you remove the jumper wire/link on the thermostat?
- "Honeywell Home" is not a specific model number....they call all their thermostats "Honeywell Home"...what is the specific model number?
- The thermostat won't work without 24VAC power....
Monia.jpg

Last edited: