Piazzetta Monia - installation advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mforbes

Oct 19, 2021
canada
Hi everyone !
I am hoping to get some advice on installation. I am trying to get a "clean look" installation.

I don't know have a good understanding of codes etc.

But have read thru the monia manual.
I understand you can have closer clearances with freshair intake ?

See below picture. is what I was hoping for.
straight out .

I am not sure how the stove will preform with this install, or if it is allowed per code

Any comments would be much appreciated.
I included a few pictures, of where it will be installed, and how i would like it installed.

air.jpg

pelletinside.jpg
pelletoutside.jpg

Looks like you meet the clearances specified in the manual,
but the local Jurisdiction Having Authority (JHA) - or Building Inspector,
may also have requirements that need to be met.
You need to check with that office for approval,
IF you are having the install inspected.
Your Homeowner's Insurance Policy may require it.

Looks like you meet the clearances specified in the manual,
but the local Jurisdiction Having Authority (JHA) - or Building Inspector,
may also have requirements that need to be met.
You need to check with that office for approval,
IF you are having the install inspected.
Your Homeowner's Insurance Policy may require it.
Thank you Daksy, do you know the clearance that the pipe requires as it passes by the wood studs inside the wall.

The clearance to combustible is 3" from the vent pipe, & is built
into the wall thimble, which MUST be used in the venting installation.

The clearance to combustible is 3" from the vent pipe, & is built
into the wall thimble, which MUST be used in the venting installation.
Thank you for the reply , the piazzette monia has a 3" dia. exhaust. So the outside diameter would be 9" ? and the outside of the thimble can contact wood ?

I stand corrected. Pellet vent requires a 1" CTC. The wall thimble will come with instructions as to the size of the hole for the wall.

Hello, it is a bad Idea to install your chimney under the deck, referring to the measurement's you have put out. first you need 60" of vertical flue pipe, 24" of Clearence all around chimney cap, 48" from any window ( this is the less respected recommendation lol... ), 10' from any air intake from a VAC, laws can be verry different from one country to another. to me I think that the exhaust will simply black out all the underside of deck you are going to need 3 elbows!? If I wore you regardless of any laws or regulation, I would put the exhaust on the side that you want to put the fresh air intake this way you go straight out once, then one T and up 5' , 90 elbow, and cap that's it. much easier to clean and less restriction you will have better results please keep my E-mail close [email protected] if you ever need help, I'm a Piazzetta Tech it will be my pleasure to help! and by the way I never put air intake on a Piazzetta unless you would live in a bottle.

and by the way the installation picture you have on top never ever do an installation this way that is a verry old picture. if you ever have a power outage you would smoke up the house lol... the use to do direct vent in the old days and they had a tone off problem with this !

and by the way the installation picture you have on top never ever do an installation this way that is a verry old picture. if you ever have a power outage you would smoke up the house lol... the use to do direct vent in the old days and they had a tone off problem with this !
Hi Pascal -- could you explain this a bit more? What do you mean by "direct vent"? Do you mean the exhaust vent coming straight out the back of the stove (as opposed to going up a vertical chimney first)? Or something else? I'm trying to determine if my installation could have a smoke problem during a power outage.

Also, is there a UPS you would recommend? I'm not looking to run it, I'd just like enough time to power it down. I was thinking about this: Amazon product ASIN B0779KYKLB
Thanks!

Hi Pascal -- could you explain this a bit more? What do you mean by "direct vent"? Do you mean the exhaust vent coming straight out the back of the stove (as opposed to going up a vertical chimney first)? Or something else? I'm trying to determine if my installation could have a smoke problem during a power outage.

Also, is there a UPS you would recommend? I'm not looking to run it, I'd just like enough time to power it down. I was thinking about this: Amazon product ASIN B0779KYKLB
Thanks!
Direct vent, is in the Pellets stove an old way that chimney use to be they would go straight out with a cap. today we need to go up 5' feet minimum so that when you have power Failure the smoke will be sucked out naturally just like a wood stove would do.

Reactions: Mt Bob