Piazzetta Monia Lid Switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gdphishman817

Mar 28, 2014
Randolph, MA
So after cleaning my Monia I tried to fire it up but got the smoke safety warning as if the lid was open when it wasn't. After shutting it down and running the cold test in F5 in the settings menu, it thinks the lid is open.

My question, how do I determine if the problem is the lid switch or something else? I try connecting the wires that were going into the lid switch together thinking that that would simulate the switch being down, but it didn't work.

I have not seen the circuit diagram for your stove , or know the firmware you refer to.
But I have two questions :
Why did you assume the contact "closed = lid closed"
Are you sure the message "lid open" means the lid and not the door ( for example ).

Hi everyone, here's an update,

I emailed with Pascal, he was very helpful. First he had me check that the line from the pressure switch to the smoke chamber was clear, it was. Then he had me run 110v to the augur motor to see if it turned, it did. While waiting for another response I read that the ALF1 code can also be thrown if the exhaust probe is dirty. I realized I've never clean the section of pipe that connects the stove to the chimney. After cleaning the exhaust probe all is working well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pascal_Maertens