Piazzetta Sabrina cleaning pellet box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ravippe

Mar 12, 2018
New Hampshire
So i have had my stove for less than a year. I love it. Its all hooked up to oak, all to code, professional install by Somersworth Stove shop in NH.

I clean my stove everyday, and once a week i remove the baffle plate and vacuum behind it, on top, everywhere. Its very clean.

I wanted to know exactly HOW or IF, you need to vacuum the pellets out of the pellet box at the end of the season. I get it, burn them till they run out and there wont be any left. But everyone says its great to vac out the inside for any fines and stuff, over time. But the Sabrina has a grill on top, you cant stick any vacuum in it. I tried looking at removing the grill, but its almost like a bbq grill, you kinda have to BEND it for it to come out. Im a little afraid to BEND it, cause its like its slotted in there. its almost like you have to take the top black piece off, and get to the metal piece to jiggle it out. I refuse to believe that this is the case.

I really just wanted to know , anyone that has a Sabrina, how to you clean the pellets, dust out, near the auger or wherever. I wanna keep her running good so when my pellet stove guy comes he has a big smile!

Thank you! Praise the lord!

to remove the grill it's very easy, simply remove the two screws and pull side ways to get it out (( and leave it out )) I do recommend, to clean everything out from inside out.

once a year I also remove side panel and clean the interior and the room fan using a vacuum and small paint brush