Piazzetta Sabrina will not initiate lighting sequence

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bonjosan

Nov 6, 2018
PA
Hi,
I have a 1 year old Piazzetta Sabrina. It ran all winter last year. I recently cleaned it and readied for cold weather. I ran it 1 time for an hour just to take the chill off one night.

A week or so later I tried to light it. When I hold the button to initiate the firing sequence, the "screen" just switches over from the "Time / Off " to just showing the "Temperature / Off" for as long as I hold the button down. It just doesn't do anything else. I tried unplugging, etc. Can anyone help? We need heat!
Thx, Bonjosan

make a reset on a Sabrina Model go in menu> menu parameter> set> data bank> O0 is the code you need Letter O and number 0 then> set ; it will show data loaded you will need to do the basic configuration languag, hour, etc....

Reactions: chken
Merci for trying to help Pascal. I was thinking the same thing, factory reset. But I did not have the instructions.
I got to the menu and put in Code O0 (O AND ZERO) BUT i GET A CODE ERROR. Is it possible there is another code? This is a 3 or 4 year old Piazzetta Sabrina. ....I had another code, F%, to access another part of the menu. I'll try that also. I have cold checked the auger, fan, etc and they all seem to run. What is wired in series that is not closed that would prevent a try for ignition. It doesn't fail ignition. It just won't try. It is 0 C here this AM. Merci, Merci, Merci! Bonjosan

Merci for trying to help Pascal. I was thinking the same thing, factory reset. But I did not have the instructions.
I got to the menu and put in Code O0 (O AND ZERO) BUT i GET A CODE ERROR. Is it possible there is another code? This is a 3 or 4 year old Piazzetta Sabrina. ....I had another code, F%, to access another part of the menu. I'll try that also. I have cold checked the auger, fan, etc and they all seem to run. What is wired in series that is not closed that would prevent a try for ignition. It doesn't fail ignition. It just won't try. It is 0 C here this AM. Merci, Merci, Merci! Bonjosan
give me your ORD and Matricule number next to the barcode

Piazzetta Sabrina will not initiate lighting sequence

Says "DATA LOADED"

The just reverts back to "TIME / OFF"
or if I push any button it reverts to "TIME / OFF"
Thanks!

Sorry for my mistake. Thanks for spending part of your Saturday helping us.
I am confused where to go from here. Seems like other options require codes also.
Got to DATA LOADED and stuck. No change. If you have time later, appreciate your wisdom. Bonjosan

only ting I could think of is that the control board cord is not connected properly to either the control board or the mother board.

to access mother board looking at the stove take the right hand panel off, you need to unscrew the cast iron grid, open the door, unscrew the bottom panel, gives you access to the panel screws,

the control panel is a little tricky with a small screw driver you need to pop it out on the right side ( power level ) gently, watch the washers as they will fly out then check that the connector is secured in place

Thanks! What we did accomplish this AM, did that factory reset the stove?

Another observation

When in TEST mode, when I press

#1 Auger runs as it should, but also the exhaust fan runs?

#2 Igniter turns on as it should

#3 All electrical components run as they should

#4 This is supposed to take me back to the menu but does not

If I keep pressing it, eventually it will run the auger motor and exhaust fan

as if I was pressing #1? I have to then push it several times to make it stop.

#5 It does run the room fan.

#6 It does run the exhaust fan.

Faulty key pad / Display?

It is cold…

yes the display can be faulty but as I mention in my last message try to check the cable connector on each side, for just any reason I had a probe disconnected in a stove that was running for 4 years !? so please check this first if it turns that everything is connected then I would change the display.

how old is the stove I don't have access to my Piazzetta server from where I am

It was 2 years old when we bought ot new 1 year ago. Maybe wire came loose when I was cleaning.
So to remove display, just pop up on the ends with 2 screwdrivers? I don't want to break it....
Thanks! Can I send you a gift for your help?

It was 2 years old when we bought ot new 1 year ago. Maybe wire came loose when I was cleaning.
So to remove display, just pop up on the ends with 2 screwdrivers? I don't want to break it....
what ever you want will be appreciate
www.paypal.me/maertens1313

We are having the same error on our stove that was installed a month ago
Did you figure out your issue ?