Piazzetta Sveva - deep clean maintenance now vibrating on startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

biom@ss

Oct 28, 2015
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi All,

I'm posting because after a deep clean of my Sveva, it makes a vibrating, rumbling sound on startup, and I am wondering if anyone knows the likely problem and maybe a likely solution.

Here's what I did: the 'smoke' alarm in the stove kept shutting the stove off. This was after I had recently cleaned the flue out. I ended up removing the T-connection at the back of the stove, finding chunks of soot in the horizontal 3" diameter pipe that goes into the smoke chamber, cleaning that out, cleaning, then re-assembling everything using hi-temp silicone (copying the original install). However, even though I solved the 'smoke' sensor problem, I seem to have created a new problem:

The stove vibrates significantly on start-up. Not every start-up, but some start-ups. The vibration sound goes away after a minute or so. I'm guessing that either I somehow knocked the fan (the one with blades inside the smoke chamber) out of balance, or that maybe I need to re-adjust the feet of the stove (although the stove seems to have the same stability now as it did before I moved it to clean it out).

Anyone have any experience with this problem and know a possible solution?

Thanks v. much for any help!

p.s. If anyone is interested, I believe I have figured out a much easier way of thoroughly cleaning out the horizontal, 3" diameter pipe that enters the smoke chamber - if there is any interest, I'll post my idea, and maybe later on a video of me trying it out.