Pics of Repair, and Silver coated wire, with silver/rosin core solder. 80% functions Fixed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockydrxrvr

Hearth Supporter
Dec 15, 2008
Oregon
80% FUNCTIONS NOW WORK....BUT HEATS THE LIVING ROOM 100%
I AM GREATFULL TO HAVE IT BACK.
WOULD HAVE TO BUY THE CIRCUIT BOARD, AND NEW 'DIGITAL' CONTROL, TOTAL ABOUT 5-6 HUNDRED BUCKS, BUT FOR 36 DOLLARS, INCLUDING A 15 WATT SOLDER STICK FROM RADIO SHACK...I GOT IT FIXED.

I found a burned solder point on a breckwell p24 circa. 1991 circuit board.

My fault somewhat....loose from plastic pilling holding it on the side panel...touched...now the pellet feed won't work.
My brother said if lucky...solder the burnt bridge...he is 500 miles away, but works and test on big buck communication Sats. Yeh,...said if I am lucky, will let you know if the 'buss' wire solder job works...what have i to loose?

. Ouch....about 280 bucks..

I WILL POST A PIC OF BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE..

Attachments

• BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 008.jpg
    BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 008.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 254
  • BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 013.jpg
    BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 013.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 193
  • BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 011.jpg
    BURNT SOLDER BRIDGE 011.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.