Picture clearance, wood length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukeboxfun

Hearth Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
Ephrata, PA
The clearance on my installed stove is 12" to rear of stove and 9" to the center of dbl wall pipe. How far away do pictures or a wood clock hanging on the wall behind it to either side have to be away from the stove and pipe? I thought I read furniture needs to be 3 feet away, I am confused and want to be safe. Also my little stove will only take a 17" split. How do I cut it to make it fit? In the middle or off the end? I have a small electric chainsaw. Sorry for all the dumb newbie questions.Thanks

The pictures distance is the same as the wall clearance requirement unless it has a massive wooden frame.

If you have a lot of splits to cut down, make a crib to hold a stack of them so that you can cut down through several at one time. It's your call about where to cut. How long are the splits now?

You might try a chop saw for cutting down splits that are too long. I think it would be easier/faster than a chain saw.

Depends on how much to long the splits are. If they are way to long I would cut them in the middle. If just a little over size then the end and use the cut off's for getting the stove going.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.