Pictures of badly maintained pellet stove has me wondering .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
In a resent thread some one posted a picture of a badly maintained pellet stove . I t made me question weather I'm doing enough cleaning. Weekly I clean out the ash and vacuum the combustion chamber. Monthly I clean the combustion blower and the convection blower by scraping the squirrel cage and brushing the blades , I also clean out behind the combustion chamber and blow out the combustion chamber with an air hose ,I also clean out the exhaust pipe. I also vacuum out from under the stove and vacuum out the insides of the stove where the control board is. I would like to clean the room fan but I don't know how to get to it . Oh by the way I have a Breckwell BIG E stove .

buildingmaint said:
In a resent thread some one posted a picture of a badly maintained pellet stove . I t made me question weather I'm doing enough cleaning. Weekly I clean out the ash and vacuum the combustion chamber. Monthly I clean the combustion blower and the convection blower by scraping the squirrel cage and brushing the blades , I also clean out behind the combustion chamber and blow out the combustion chamber with an air hose ,I also clean out the exhaust pipe. I also vacuum out from under the stove and vacuum out the insides of the stove where the control board is. I would like to clean the room fan but I don't know how to get to it . Oh by the way I have a Breckwell BIG E stove .
Normaly that are held on by 2 to 4 bolts
just take it off
take it out side and blast it clean

buildingmaint said:
Oh by the way I don't know where the room fan is located . The owners manual doesn't show where it is .

I have not worked on a BIG E
but just open up the panels and you will see two blowers
the one that in not inline with the venting is the room air blower.
Looks like
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/ae033-2.jpg

So the convection blower is the room blower ? If so I have no problem finding it . WOW this is the greatest forum ever , I think every stove sold should come with info about this forum . SOOOO much info at the tips of your fingers.

Convection
NOUN:
1. The act or process of conveying; transmission.
2. Physics
a. Heat transfer in a gas or liquid by the circulation of currents from one region to another.
b. Fluid motion caused by an external force such as gravity.
3. Meteorology The transfer of heat or other atmospheric properties by massive motion within the atmosphere, especially by such motion directed upward.

buildingmaint said:
So the convection blower is the room blower ? If so I have no problem finding it . WOW this is the greatest forum ever , I think every stove sold should come with info about this forum . SOOOO much info at the tips of your fingers.

I just replaced my convection blower. its running better then ever. i have a Big E stove also.

Status
Not open for further replies.