Pioneer bay 2007 - heat exchanger scraper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaro40

Mar 18, 2015
Missouri
I replaced my window gaskets and door gasket on my pioneer bay. Also replaced the exhaust fan because the old one threw a bearing and was rattling terrible.

Question, I have these nice seals and the stove was able to maintain a medium-low heat setting and didnt shut off or throw any error codes. Sounds great, but noticed one thing.

The scraper rod that is accessed from the top of the stove, it doesnt appear to be sealed in any way. There is a slight opening where you can see in the stove. This rod is what you pull in and out to scrape clean the exchange tubes.

Why is this not sealed? Should it be? I dont recall my manual mentioning anything about it.

Travis Industries - Pioneer Bay 2007

All stoves with this feature have that little gap
built that way . A small amount of air is drawn into the stove
Totally normal

Reactions: Jaro40