Pipe pricing for Quadrafire Castile pellet stove installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chrisjchrisj

Sep 9, 2020
I am looking to find alternative pipe pricing for Quadrafire Castile pellet stove installation. Quadrafire dealer pricing seems much too high.
I would imagine the exact same pipe exists on the market somewhere. Can you help me with this?

Exhaust piping? Size and lengths? Post is a bit vague.

Exhaust piping? Size and lengths? Post is a bit vague.

Thanks for your reply.
I have read this regarding 'horizontal venting for a pellet stove' "The vent pipe is connected to an adapter at the back of the stove, then run out through the wall adapter plate to a distance of at least six inches from the exterior wall" and "If installing your pellet stove venting at 2,500 feet or more above sea level, you definitely need four inch pipe". I am at 2400 ft elevation. So, I believe I may need 2ft of 3" pipe and connectors. I have framed-out the spot for the Castile-I-MBK-C insert , as per the manual instructions. (My previous Whitfield pellet stove pipe used a 3" straight pipe thru the exterior wall, with 12 inches outside and a 45 degree elbow pointing down, which worked well in this location for decades). Is there a quadrafire pipe venting kit # that would include two feet of 3" inch pipe and connectors (maybe an elbow), for installing the stove's horizontal exhaust piping? Or is there an aftermarket kit for this?

Not sure you’ll find an exact kit for your desired setup, Mountain View products has been good to order from for me and has a good selection