Piping question..,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay256

Nov 1, 2014
Eastern pa
hey newbie here, just purchased a breckwell p23 pellet stove. I'm looking to install in my basement, my wall is half concrete, then wood. So I would have to do a 90 on the back, go up about 3-4ft then 90 out thru the wall. Is this ok? Do you think the 90 on the back of the stove is alright? All the manual shows is the pipe straight out of the back and out of the house. Thanks

Hey there, I just installed a used P23 insert, not stand-alone. You're gonna love your stove if it's anything like mine. It's 6 years old and I bought it from the original owner who took great care of it...$975! I can't help you with your question, but wanted to give props to your Breckwell and assure you that the people here are awesome and that you'll be getting plenty of good advice and info any minute now. Welcome to the forum!:)

Hey there, I just installed a used P23 insert, not stand-alone. You're gonna love your stove if it's anything like mine. It's 6 years old and I bought it from the original owner who took great care of it...$975! I can't help you with your question, but wanted to give props to your Breckwell and assure you that the people here are awesome and that you'll be getting plenty of good advice and info any minute now. Welcome to the forum!:)
Awesome I'm glad it's a good stove. My stove is 3-4 years old, I also got it from the original owner for $750. He only used it to keep is garage floor warm. It looks new and came with a few pipes

$750! Wow, I thought I did good. I bought mine a month ago in MA, and there were NO stoves anywhere under $1200, then I found the P23, love it. Crankin' right now on 2 setting. Guy said he ran 24-7 on 3, used 4 only when outside dropped into the teens, and never used 5 ever. Be patient, and re-post if you have to, you're gonna get slammed with good info soon. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum...

What happens once you get it outside? Straight out and terminate (check clearance to ground and can't terminate under porch)? Another elbow and up? Pipe EVL should not exceed 15 for 3"; if it does you need to up-size to 4". 90 Elbows = 5, 45 = 3, horizontal pipe = 1 per each foot length, vertical = 1/2 per each foot (think I got that right :)). Looks like your close to that 15 just getting out the basement... Instead of the lower 90, I would use a clean-out of some kind since ash will collect in that elbow.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
So I would have to do a 90 on the back, go up about 3-4ft then 90 out thru the wall. Is this ok? Do you think the 90 on the back of the stove is alright? Thanks
Yes that is a good install

Welcome to the forum...

What happens once you get it outside? Straight out and terminate (check clearance to ground and can't terminate under porch)? Another elbow and up? Pipe EVL should not exceed 15 for 3"; if it does you need to up-size to 4". 90 Elbows = 5, 45 = 3, horizontal pipe = 1 per each foot length, vertical = 1/2 per each foot (think I got that right :)). Looks like your close to that 15 just getting out the basement... Instead of the lower 90, I would use a clean-out of some kind since ash will collect in that elbow.

Thanks for the reply, from the research I've done, my plan now is a T connection with a clean out on the back of the stove, then 4 ft up,90 connection and a 2 ft out of the house.
Yes I believe your right on your piping equation. I should be at 14 EVL

Status
Not open for further replies.