Please advise: no power after replacement of control board.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Coldcornhusker

Dec 7, 2019
Alert and oriented
I apologize if I'm asking this question in the wrong place, but I just am getting a tad desperate.

I have fixed multiple problems with our pleasant hearth pellet stove over the years and never had too much of an issue.... but this one eludes me.

We had a blizzard roughly a week ago. Power surges kept throwing power to the house off and on. Finally we just turned off stove.

After blizzard, it worked fine for about 3-4 hours when suddenly I hear the whole unit just shut down. Totally. The fans screeched to a quick halt and the unit fell silent.

Troubleshooting:
No power to unit at ALL
No blinking "standby" light
Outlet works with other appliances

So we bought a new control board. Still won't work.
I'm literally clueless and could really use some guidance.

Does the 110VAC line connect directly to the control PCB? Do you have a voltmeter?

Last edited:
I just looked up the manual for that stove and under "troubleshooting" with a symptom of "Plug in appliance - No response"
it says:

No Power to outlet.
5 amp fuse defective or blown
Snap disc tripped or defective.

Looks like the fuse is on the control board which you replaced, so that leaves the snap disc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mech e
The Manual for that stove is awesome! Very well written and even has a Schematic Diagram.
It clearly shows the snap disc is the only thing preventing a good control board from functioning. Try resetting that snap disc.

Snap Disc (Back Burn Protector) 200°F
Snap disc is mounted on the back of the auger tube in the center of the appliance and has a reset button. There are two grey wires connected to it. To access it remove the right side panel. If the fire tries to burn back into the feed system or push exhaust up the feed tube, this snap disc will shut the entire system off. Unplug the stove prior to resetting.

screenshot_357.jpg

Reactions: Mech e
Glad that helped.
I suppose its possible your new control board (box) is defective but seems unlikely.
Are you sure you reseated all the connectors firmly when you replaced the board?
This is what the troubleshoot section says:

screenshot_358.jpg