Please help id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

grumpyshovel

Jan 20, 2023
Cherokee IA
Looking to buy this cool old stove Sunday. Anyone recognize? Thanks for looking.

Screenshot_20230120-153717~2.png Screenshot_20230120-153739~2.png Screenshot_20230120-153834~2.png Screenshot_20230120-153726~2.png

Is there a UL tag on the back? If not, you’re going to have to have some pretty crazy clearances and your insurance company might have an issue with it.

Btw, moving this to the pre epa/classic forum.

Reactions: VintageGal
Thanks, I'll know tomorrow if it's sheet metal. It is double wall owner said? Has a fan in the bottom, the doors looked to have leaked. But planned on redoing/new paint, glass, seals etc.
May never know manufacturer, but if it's solid I may take it home. Love the look.

looks like a run away fire waiting to happen. how is the main air controlled

There appears to be a damper under the doors with a slide in the middle. I dont think you're going to have any seals or gaskets on that stove. It looks like there's just a lip around the door.