Please Help!!!! St. Croix Afton Bay Combustion Fan Wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Hi everyone. I am new here and this is my first post. I am freezing at the moment too. :-( I have a St. Croix Afton Bay, I don't know how old it is as it came with my house. The past few weeks I noticed a lot of noise coming from the combustion fan. I was reading on forums and bought a replacement from CSH incorporated. Well the wiring is different. The new blower has two black wires and a ground to the housing. My old one has three wires, one white, one brown and one black. I figured that the black would be ground and I would guess on the other two, and just leave original ground disconnected. I tried that and the fan turns on and sounds great but nothing else does. Can someone please help? Thank you.

Not sure if this helps or not. On our Afton Bay there are 4 wires on our replacement exhaust fan.

the 2 thiner ones on the large round part of the blower are connected to a disk.

the 2 thick wires that come out of the very top (when installed) are a white and a brown. our white wire is hooked up and the brown wire is not hooked to anything.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.