Frogburner Posted By Frogburner, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM

1. Frogburner

Frogburner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 23, 2017
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thoughts on Portage and Maine Gasification boilers? Been looking at the EGR-250, are they good people to deal with?

2. hondaracer2oo4

hondaracer2oo4
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2012
    Loc:
    Canterbury NH
    I use to recommend people take a look at them since thier bl series conventional has been pretty good. There have been very few people around with the egr 250 but the two people that I had talked to seemed to like them. Well recently someone bought one on the Facebook page and there is something wrong with possibly air flow, it doesn't gas. He has been through 4 cords in a month. The company has a poor dealer network which I have heard is because the owner sells factory direct around the dealers so nobody wants to get involved with them. The owner was assured before the purchase that he would have any warranty problems taken care of by a qualified tech. Well the owner sent another home owner that owns a egr to diagnose the problems. Obviously he had no clue what was wrong with the no gassing. Then the homeowner was told that the qualified tech who was four hours away was to expensive. After much pressure from people on the page portage is sending te guy that was " to expensive". All companies have problems, it's how they deal with them. It appeared that this situation was handled poorly and the pressure had to be put on them to do the right thing. One last thing is that they require I think 30% glycol. That gets pricey fast and the boilers are already $12,500 I Beleive.