Poulan 2375 stalling out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karri0n

Nov 18, 2008
Eastern CT
I've got a Poulan wild thing 2375 that sat for aprox 8 months empty after being run dry. This is my first time using the saw,but I had lent it out to a pretty experienced buddy wo then ran it dry. I fueled it up, put some bar oil in, and fired it up. I cut for about 15 mins, and all worked fine. I fired it up the next day(today), and it started alright. I made one cut and got the bar pinched. wiggle the log lose, got the bar out, and then it ran long enough to make 2 cuts, then stalled out. I was able to start it again with some difficulty, but I had to flutter the throttle to keep it running. Made one more cut, and then called it quits after approx 30 pulls.

I Checked the bar and it's nice and square, chain moves freely when turned by hand. Checked air filter, and it was clean. Is it likely that pinching the bar could have something to do with the stalling? I didn't think so, as it seems like the bar is in plenty good shape, but that's the only real variable from yesterday to today.

Is the saw likely to have gotten some rot, etc when sitting dry? It was running just fine yesterday, but I only had it going long enough for 4 cuts. I was just trying it out after fueling and filling, today i was planning on really getting some work done >:-(

I have a buddy who offered to let me borrow his Husqvarna... might just take him up on that.

edit: the saw came with this property and the landlord wasn't especially nice to his tools, but my buddy bucked up a real decent sized tree with the thing last summer and said the saw worked fine.

sounds like fuel filter

As said check the fuel filter, also look past the air filter, and check the screws that hold the carb onto the chainsaw - on my Pull-on they had a habit of loosening up and producing the sort of symptoms you describe...

Gooserider

while you're at it use some compressed air and blow out the vent on the gas cap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.