power when not using for the summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Hi P61 owner here. Was wondering if I should pull the plug on the stove for the summer? Its off, of course, but I see the light is still on the computer board. Should I unplug the electric cord from it, or wont it hurt to leave it pluged in year round? Thank you.

We have alot of thunder storms here in the summer so we leave
the stove unplugged for the season so lightning does not mess with the
electronics on it. Normally, the stove is on a UPS during the winter but
we use the UPS for other things during the summer instead.

Otherwise, it probably makes no difference leaving it plugged in all summer.

As stated, by leaving it plugged in you risk damage (although the risk is low), plus you'll have a small electrical draw. Given the choice, you're better off unplugging it since it won't be used for months.

Sure. Why pee away electricity. It wasn't plugged in in the shipping crate was it?

Pull the plug. Sudden power variances and storms over the summer can destroy electronics (and they are expensive $$). The less exposure the better.

thanx for the info folks...just went and unplugged mine.i dont really want to ruin the investment i made.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.