powerhouse pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of their fiber comes from hardwood logs. If they don't get the bark off before chipping the result is a dirty pellet. Hardwood logs are harder to get the bark off from what I have been told. I tried emailing Jeff Nichols, But no reply and the email came back as failer. I don't think he works for them anymore. :( I was going to ask what was up?

I see more ash this year than last. The heat also dropped a we bit. So I didn't purchase anymore. I started looking for others and the PTL's(more heat and also a bit cleaner). Timber Heats(more heat and definitely cleaner) were what I went after. Good news is I didn't get the long pellets in what I tried. Dollar for dollar they didn't make the cut. Nothing like the initial testing I did which impressed me. A bit sad really!

Hopefully they have eye's here so they can see the chatter. Most of the people I talked to that bought them, Probably will have second thoughts due to the ash content.

Most of their fiber comes from hardwood logs. If they don't get the bark off before chipping the result is a dirty pellet. Hardwood logs are harder to get the bark off from what I have been told. I tried emailing Jeff Nichols, But no reply and the email came back as failer. I don't think he works for them anymore. :( I was going to ask what was up?

I see more ash this year than last. The heat also dropped a we bit. So I didn't purchase anymore. I started looking for others and the PTL's(more heat and also a bit cleaner). Timber Heats(more heat and definitely cleaner) were what I went after. Good news is I didn't the long pellets in what I tried. Dollar for dollar they didn't make the cut. Nothing like the initial testing I did which impressed me. A bit sad really!

Hopefully they have eye's here so they can see the chatter. Most of the people I talked to that bought them, Probably will have second thoughts due to the ash content.

Thanks for the up date Jay. To bad if Jeff's not there anymore never met him ,but I know he watched this site and took care of any issues people had a Standup guy.

burning powerhouse myself. good heat and lots of ash .however, the ash is large/ fluffy and almost all stays in the ash pan.i'm burning in a harman accentra insert and very little ash accumulation behind the back panels near heat exchanger. ash just seems more in volume but,may be close to other pellets in weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.