Problem with blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

caelbe

Oct 24, 2014
Delaware
I just purchased a used England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove that was working fine before I got it, and I started it for the first time today, and the room air blower never came on. I had it running for 30-40 minutes and everything else seemed to be working fine. Adjusting the heat range and/or blower speed made no difference either. Is there anything that I'm not aware of or anything that I should be doing differently? Thanks!!

First things first. Disconect the 2 wires on the blower and plug them into an extension cord and see if the fan works. If it does we will need to research more , If not you need a blower motor

Or the blower motor bearings are dry and it won't turn. They all have shaded pole motors and shaded pole motors are very low power. Take the blower out and rake a syringe with light oil and oil the bearing and spin the squirrel cage to distribute the oil. Hook it up to line voltage and let it run for a while and reinstall it. I oil my blower motor bearings every fall and the combustion fan motor bearings as well. Over 10 years now on the same parts.