problem with earth stove model 1000 pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sacgns

Dec 29, 2021
hello,

i have a earth stove model 1000 pellet stove, i am having a feed issue. when i turn on the stove the draft fan works, the main fan works but when i press start the indicator light does not turn on and the feed does not start. Any ways i can try and diagnose this issue? I had someone check the stove when it quit feeding and was simply told its fried and to buy a new one with no further explanation or options.

Welcome to the forum.
Do you have a manual?
Your stove is over 20 years old
without a manual, I have no idea if anyone on the forum can help
Hang on and we will see

Welcome to the forum.
Do you have a manual?
Your stove is over 20 years old
without a manual, I have no idea if anyone on the forum can help
Hang on and we will see
unfortunately I don't have a manual, I've tried looking online for one with no luck. I can take photos if that helps.

Sorry a phot won't help me that stove is before my time with pellet stoves
and I have had one for 20 years.
Are you sure the model number is 1000
all I get for that is a wood stove

Sorry a phot won't help me that stove is before my time with pellet stoves
and I have had one for 20 years.
Are you sure the model number is 1000
all I get for that is a wood stove
understood, the control panel has model 1000 on it and i have not seen any other markings. I did a bit more digging and found this image which is my stove, that says its a hp40

blog_HP40-Earth-stove-used-pellet-stoves-2005-013.jpg

Like I said I don't know your stove but I did run across this
It may help
The auger motor is fed through a high temp. limit thermostat. It has a manual reset on the back of it that you have to press on firmly to reset it. Open the side panel on the stove and find the wiring. You will see the thermostat on the back side of the combustion chamber. Look very closely and reset it.
good luck!
There is also a video here

Good Luck

Reactions: Terran.Dunn
Like I said I don't know your stove but I did run across this
It may help
The auger motor is fed through a high temp. limit thermostat. It has a manual reset on the back of it that you have to press on firmly to reset it. Open the side panel on the stove and find the wiring. You will see the thermostat on the back side of the combustion chamber. Look very closely and reset it.
good luck!
There is also a video here

Good Luck

You have no idea how much I love you right now.

Reactions: ARC