Problems lighting my Vermont Casting Stardance direct vent propane stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scottsnew1

Jun 30, 2020
South Range, Wisconsin
I have a 2019 Vermont Castings Stardance propane stove I just installed 6 months ago. A few days ago I wanted to show what the flame on my stove looked like to a friend who was visiting, and it would not light! The gas is turned on, I have the power switch on, I turned the valve from off to pilot, I press the Piezoelectric igniter, and I get a spark, but even if I push it 50 times it will spark every time, but it will not light the pilot. I have tried several times in the last 3-4 days, and nothing. It is still under warranty, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has any ideas for me before I call them. I really shouldn't be having problems on a new stove!

I have a 2019 Vermont Castings Stardance propane stove I just installed 6 months ago. A few days ago I wanted to show what the flame on my stove looked like to a friend who was visiting, and it would not light! The gas is turned on, I have the power switch on, I turned the valve from off to pilot, I press the Piezoelectric igniter, and I get a spark, but even if I push it 50 times it will spark every time, but it will not light the pilot. I have tried several times in the last 3-4 days, and nothing. It is still under warranty, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has any ideas for me before I call them. I really shouldn't be having problems on a new stove!

This is might be a dumb question but when you turned the valve to pilot did you then press and hold it in while you were pushing on the ignitor?

Take the glass off, & press the knob while it's in the PILOT position.
***Do NOT hit the Piezo!***
Can you hear or smell gas coming thru the pilot hood?