Profile 20 issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Japaleno

Dec 15, 2018
Southen Maryland
Hi Everyone!, Any and all help would be great. My problem just stared yesterday, the stove ran out of pellets (common for me), i refilled the hopper and pressed the on button. I got the blinking lights and clicking sound. After a few mins. of pressing buttons, the stove started. Ignited and started just fine. I always keep it on low feed rate and high fan setting, after 10-15 mins I noticed the flame still very high and an unusual 'hot' smell. I watched and the pellet feed rate seemed like it never exited the 'start' cycle and seemed to be dropping pellets way to fast. I have not allowed this to continue for more than a few minutes after noticing it. I've unplugged the stove several times for several minutes, but same thing happens... almost like it 'over-feeds' ??? IMG_6766.jpg
I know there are high temp limit switches, but don't want to press my luck. I have attached a photo of label inside the hopper to verify model. Please let me know if you need additional information or can guide me in my next step in troubleshooting. Thank you very much.

If your lights are "flashing", you have a problem with the controller board. I would have it checked out if you cannot press the heat and fan buttons and have them change the speed and pellet feed. It's not that hard to remove the controller, maybe ask a handyman. 4 screws. Unplug before you do anything.
Check out Heat Wave Electronics, he fixed one of mine for a Whitfield. New number: 530.816.1110

Last edited:
If your lights are "flashing", you have a problem with the controller board. I would have it checked out if you cannot press the heat and fan buttons and have them change the speed and pellet feed. It's not that hard to remove the controller, maybe ask a handyman. 4 screws. Unplug before you do anything.
Check out Heat Wave Electronics, he fixed one of mine for a Whitfield. 530-256-1000

The lights have not flashed since the initial incident. While running I can press the heat and fan buttons and they seem to work, but 'low' no longer seems like 'low'. The only way I can relate this is that low seems like high, med. seems like really high and high seems like super high with regards to feed rates. Like I mentioned, I normally only use the low setting, so now all of a sudden 'low' is not what it used to be.

I would call Heatwave and see what he thinks.. a full repair is $125, way cheaper then a replacement.

Heatwave Electronics
719 255 Regina Rd
Janesville CA 96114

Reactions: Mt Bob