Proud owner TarmSolo 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
Well the Tarm was delivered today. Its all set on 8- 4" blocks. Tomorrow I'll dress it up with its cover and doors.
Man that thing is big and heavy. I'm exhausted, I can't believe I used to do work like this for a living (steamfitter).

chuck172 said:
Well the Tarm was delivered today. Its all set on 8- 4" blocks. Tomorrow I'll dress it up with its cover and doors.
Man that thing is big and heavy. I can't believe I used to do work like this for a living (steamfitter).

Chuck, keep good notes and post some pictures of the assembly - I'll learn from your mistakes (err, I mean experience). My Tarm is still sitting in its unassembled form until I get it placed where I want to finally rest, but I have wondered how hard that first stage of assembly will be.

MrEd, Lets get going, days are getting shorter now you know.!
As far as the welds are concerned, a liitle surprised by the amount of splatter, boiler is a bit warped, making it tough to level. Heavy as all hell though. Seems like the doors are made of lead.

Chuck,keep us posted on the progress,I got my Tarm last week.Poured concrete for my floor on Sun.Boiler still waiting to be moved into the cellar.Welds on mine are unbelievable.Real craftmanship

I am going to get going soon. Needed to get all my wood put up first, despite my desire to jump right in and start the setup - first things first.

September 1st is my target date for a first fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.