Puchase Tractor Trailer Load(s) Direct from Regional Pellet Distributor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can certainly agree Jeff! I guess im looking at it as its not an actual business at all. Id be willing to bet the dude doesnt cut any profits with uncle sam as a real business owner does. Just a guy with extra storage gouging during the cold months. And hey, good for him. Sucks for the real small business owner who does have to pay those taxes. But to each their own. I wouldnt waste my time on that guy for other personal reasons.
agree...
let's not Confuse him with a Legit business dealer....?
I think those who defend his practice might want to think about the difference between a 1 or 2 shot a year Gouger and the year round tax paying small business pellet dealers.
that is prob what rubs some of us the wrong way.. it;s a quick buck deal.....is it against the law? no... points for ambitious gouger? yeah.. gotta give him that..
When there is a salt, shovels, etc shortage in the winter same defenders scream Gouging when hardware stores, BB stores take advantage and double the prices.

i just ran the gambit about this same issue.had a bunch of friends who would all chip in.easy blaze sells to anyone(yes,public)you have to order 23 tons at a time at $209 a ton.sounds great,until you look into the shipping.i called all around and easy blaze also checked the best shipping deal to me in n.y. and they wanted $1725
that brings the pellets from $209 to $275 a ton.you would save about $30 a ton.now all my friends and i would have to make numerous trips from the drop off location to our homes + you would need to rent or buy a pallet jack($259 at harbor freight)now add in gas expense for about 6 trips(6 tons)now savings is at $20 a ton and you have to do all the work,seems like they just monopolized the pellet industry on us.

agree...
let's not Confuse him with a Legit business dealer....?
I think those who defend his practice might want to think about the difference between a 1 or 2 shot a year Gouger and the year round tax paying small business pellet dealers.
<snip>

Unless I am mistaken, I believe a "legit" dealer did get this business - when he bought them.

If he has a market (ie satisfied customers) I guess I just don't understand the angst. Is there anyone among us who would jump through the hoops to report a net $3-500 annual, once the costs of transport and storage are considered? I suppose he should be depreciating the cost of the storage space, reporting inventory across the calendar year change, or maybe incorporating with a fiscal year that matches his business? If he had an accountant do all of this he'd have a net operating loss, and pay less tax than he is now.

Clearly though he should consider keeping quiet about it.

Best,
- Jeff

Unless I am mistaken, I believe a "legit" dealer did get this business - when he bought them.
.e costs of transport and storage are considered? I suppose he should be depreciating the cost of the storage space, reporting inventory across the calendar year change, or maybe incorporating with a fiscal year that matches his business? If he had an accountant do all of this he'd have a net operating loss, and pay less tax than he is now.

Best,
- Jeff
agree..
I would not be posting that I am [Pick 1] reselling, gouging, performing a service, gouging] and have to deal with Ingrates here like myself..:mad:

Reactions: Peterfield

Best,
- Jeff

Indeed a simple look at the profile and there are pages of posts detailing what hes doing. I think that is what rubs people the wrong way. Most folks have resold a item at some point they either bought too much or didnt need it in the end and could not return it. Ive flipped a few electronics on ebay to make some money Im sure others have done similar.

I think there is a difference between excessive markup and gouging..
And the two should not be confused.
But we all have our own opinions.
When you are one of only a few with a product and you jack the price
way beyond average retail, that is gouging. Because people may only have two options.
Buy from you, or go without. In other words, there is no choice, when it comes to heat
In January.
When there is no shortage, and someone jacks the price up, consumers have a choice.
If they choose to buy, that is their own choice, amongst other options...

I have no problem with anyone trying to make a buck.
I do with gouging, however.

I tend to agree with others, that either way, just keep your cost/profit to yourself..
It's just not good business, whether legit dealer,
or Craiglister. It doesn't hurt to be professional no matter which category you be!ong.

Dan

I think there is a difference between excessive markup and gouging..
And the two should not be confused.
But we all have our own opinions.
When you are one of only a few with a product and you jack the price
way beyond average retail, that is gouging. Because people may only have two options.
Buy from you, or go without. In other words, there is no choice, when it comes to heat
In January.
When there is no shortage, and someone jacks the price up, consumers have a choice.
If they choose to buy, that is their own choice, amongst other options...

I have no problem with anyone trying to make a buck.
I do with gouging, however.

I tend to agree with others, that either way, just keep your cost/profit to yourself..
It's just not good business, whether legit dealer,
or Craiglister. It doesn't hurt to be professional no matter which category you be!ong.

Dan
lot of areas of the Northeast from Maine to Pa had shortages this past winter so I would call it gouging. Even many BBS's took till almost end of Dec, early january before they got steady weekly tractor loads. Read the post going back to December and lot of complaining about pellet shortages in many areas up/down the Eastern Seaboard alone... not counting the midwest..

Last edited:
lot of areas of the Northeast from Maine to Pa had shortages this past winter..

Absolutely... Understood...
We were down to less than 5 ton at one time, and were only selling by bags for a couple weeks...
Fortunately it was not as long as last spring... We knew it was coming last fall..
And we never did run out thankfully..

Dan

Some of the complaining was due to a lack of cheaply-priced pellets from big box stores. The gougers and those businesses that deal in the high-end stuff for the most part had a supply. I was always able to find them but chose at times not to pay $7+ a bag.

i just ran the gambit about this same issue.had a bunch of friends who would all chip in.easy blaze sells to anyone(yes,public)you have to order 23 tons at a time at $209 a ton.sounds great,until you look into the shipping.i called all around and easy blaze also checked the best shipping deal to me in n.y. and they wanted $1725
that brings the pellets from $209 to $275 a ton.you would save about $30 a ton.now all my friends and i would have to make numerous trips from the drop off location to our homes + you would need to rent or buy a pallet jack($259 at harbor freight)now add in gas expense for about 6 trips(6 tons)now savings is at $20 a ton and you have to do all the work,seems like they just monopolized the pellet industry on us.
Currently shipping to CT for $1450

Status
Not open for further replies.